dude I love the main riff to the major monkey song its REALLY awesome. it would sound better with some singing in parts though.

As for the solo, I really dug it. it kinda reminds me of like late 70s bad*** soloing. I really liked it. What scales did u use in it?

and could u check out my solo to a song I wrote? Heres a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkyaMu063oc&feature=channel_video_title
Quote by awesomo41894
dude I love the main riff to the major monkey song its REALLY awesome. it would sound better with some singing in parts though.

As for the solo, I really dug it. it kinda reminds me of like late 70s bad*** soloing. I really liked it. What scales did u use in it?

Thanks man. That solo is in B blues at the seventh fret. Unfortunately I can't sing for my life or I'd definitely add vocals.. I try to kind of solo with the guitar where the vocals would go, that's how I look at it.

I like your solo. Sounds very melodic and the bends are cool. Best part's definitely 0:19-0:22 where you're going up the scale. Are you gonna post the rest of the song that's from?
Last edited by scottivey at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by scottivey
Thanks man. That solo is in B blues at the seventh fret. Unfortunately I can't sing for my life or I'd definitely add vocals.. I try to kind of solo with the guitar where the vocals would go, that's how I look at it.

I like your solo. Sounds very melodic and the bends are cool. Best part's definitely 0:19-0:22 where you're going up the scale. Are you gonna post the rest of the song that's from?

Yeah I am, I just have to record the rest lol and get someone to sing on it, and get a REAL drum track.
I love the monkey track, awesome tone, Love the overdrive! While I like it a lot, it suffers because the lack of vocals make it seem too repetative, nothing you can really do there, its a curse to all instrumentals :/ As for the solo, its really good, you could put the lead's volume up a bit, bit it flows well with the rest of the song, I'd like to hear the final version

can you listen to my song https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464548
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Last edited by zbest at Jul 25, 2011,