I just recently bought a Marshall JMD-1 50 watt and can't get any good sound from it

I play with a alexi ESP ltd 200 with a Emg81, and a zakk Wylde ebony bullseye epiphone with standard passive pickups.
I use a crybaby wah, metal zone mt-2, and a boss cs-3.

I used my alexi on my Randall rg75 with my metalzone and get a mean distortion sound, but now with my new Marshall I can't get anything ear friendly, I'm new to this tube amp stuff, and don't know much about mixing with eq's . can any one give me tips other than my stuff I have is crappy

Another question, my guitar makes a squealing sound whenever I let go of my strings, I use battery's in my pedals and I just bought new patch cords, what are some things thats causing this squeal and how do I help rid of it
change the batteries then come back to us
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
change the batteries then come back to us

That's the first thing I did
Why did you recently buy it if you can't find a sound you like?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
if you are trying to just do what you did before then that is where your problem lies. the marshall will react differently. you shouldn't need the MZ so take that out to begin with. noise is probably to much gain and you are feeding back
Quote by JoePerry4life
Why did you recently buy it if you can't find a sound you like?

I tried it with a guitar they had that was like mine and I can't figure on how he set it up, or maybe hearing myself play a tube amp that had great reviews gave me an impulse buy lol
Quote by monwobobbo
if you are trying to just do what you did before then that is where your problem lies. the marshall will react differently. you shouldn't need the MZ so take that out to begin with. noise is probably to much gain and you are feeding back

Jmd-1 has so many options it's hard to know if I suck with making different sounds or Im doing something wrong, I don't scoop my mids and I mostly play heavy to alternative
Alright another site helped me with the sounds and got me a sheet showing different settings to get certain tones.now I can play with those and learn. But I'm still wondering about the squealing?
Quote by steeper
Alright another site helped me with the sounds and got me a sheet showing different settings to get certain tones.now I can play with those and learn. But I'm still wondering about the squealing?

The squealing is most likely feedback. Which means you have a lot of gain, or its turned up to loud, or you are standing to close to the amp.