Hello good people. I've been looking around for a guitar with humbuckers for a bit, and I stumbled across this sexy little number (the white one):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/italia-mondial-sportster-electric-guitar

I love the retro vibe/supro body style, but I've been able to find very little info on this manufacturer. Does anyone own/ know anything about Italia Guitars? I usually wouldn't even consider buying a guitar without playing it but... It's just so pretty.

EDIT: Actually while I'm here, does anyone know anything about Eastwood Guitars? (http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/) They have some BEAUTIFUL models, but I'm concerned the focus might be all on looks.

Thanks in advance.
I hear my train a comin'.
---------------------------------
Fender MIM Stratocaster + Fender 57/62 single coils
Agile AD-2300
Fender Blues Junior + MXR Custom '78 distortion
Last edited by Cajanek at Jul 25, 2011,
bump. Anyone?
I hear my train a comin'.
---------------------------------
Fender MIM Stratocaster + Fender 57/62 single coils
Agile AD-2300
Fender Blues Junior + MXR Custom '78 distortion
I've only played an Italia bass. Good quality.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Chris Rea uses Italia for slide work.

I've heard that, whilst built well and are playable they tend to be a little identity-less - lacking any unique tonal characteristics.

The premise of Eastwood guitars is to bring sought after models up to date, improve on some of the original flaws and biold them at an affordable price. Our bassist has a couple of them - one of the Airline copies and... er... another one... Both are playable, sound good through a decent rig and are priced reasonably enough that you don't have to sell your grandmother and steal the copper from your own plumbing.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
i like the res-o-glas kits, i am thinking about picking one up at some point. but the DIY method will turn out to cost quite a bit i am afraid.