hey people of UG. i currently have a crate BV150 with the original CRATE cab it comes with:

its a straight cab and my problem is...... often enough i see people with halfstacks using slant cabs and i only see straight cabs at the bottom of full stacks. is there a reason for this? i was reading around and supposedly the speakers angled up help hear your amp better. so after knowing all this i come bearing 2 questions:

#1: Should i sell my cab and look for an angled cab like a 1960a or something?

#2: how can i find out what speakers are in this cab if its a closed back, if anyone knows what the stock speakers are, it would save me a lot of time from opening it up and looking
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Do you like the sound of it? You can but a book underneath the cabniet. The reason slants go on top is 1) you can here the amp, and 2) because putting the slant on the bottom will cause the top part of stack fall off.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
You don't need a slant cab. My guitarist uses a straight cab for his, and it doesn't affect the sound at all. That being said, I'd still look for a better cab. Crates aren't the greatest, and if you could get a 1960A for that one, you should jump on that.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Do you like the sound of it? You can but a book underneath the cabniet. The reason slants go on top is 1) you can here the amp, and 2) because putting the slant on the bottom will cause the top part of stack fall off.

i mean i could like the sound of it but i cant compare because ive never played my amp through another cab. or different speakers. its very bass-y, which i like. but again, i cant compare to another cab. also another quick question that just came to mind....i was thinking about downsizing to a 2x12 because im just a bedroom player but i was wondering if a 2x12 can deliver the same bottom end as a 4x12
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
anyone else?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Dunno about cabs, but why didn't you open the cab?

you can also "mod" your 412 for 2x 212's
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
look inside the cab, the older BV's were loaded w/ V30's FYI. I use a straight 4x12 and I like it better than a slant, there is just a little more lowend with the Xtra air space.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by EspTro
i was wondering if a 2x12 can deliver the same bottom end as a 4x12

No

But for a bedroom player a closed back 2x12 should have plenty of low end.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
bring your head to a shop and plug into a few cabs. see how they compare. or ask around locally, maybe on craigslist. im sure you can find a generous fellow willing to let you jam out on his cab for a while
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣