Page 1 of 2
Quote by Wisthekiller
This. Black is brutal. Or white. White is the new black.

But once you go black you can never go back mind you.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Wisthekiller

I thought pink was the new black?
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by DamagingExcess
I thought pink was the new black?

Only if you're gay.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
All of them. Depends on your budget and taste. It's like asking "which car is best for driving?"
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Quote by mcjosh
Whatever one Chris Broderick uses

oh thats the prestige 3837385719833exfsd made by elves that live within the earths crust that only surface in japan to make high quality guitars.
Quote by Seanthesheep
oh thats the prestige 3837385719833exfsd made by elves that live within the earths crust that only surface in japan to make high quality guitars.

Yeah, that
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by Seanthesheep

Japan has the elves but the US has the dwarves.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
Japan has the elves but the US has the dwarves.

UK has Gnomes
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Chris Broderick's been playing Jackson for the last 6 months but before he moved to them he played RG1527 mainly, which is still produced, albeit with a different tremolo.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Quote by mcjosh
Whatever one Chris Broderick uses

You mean the Jackson Chris Broderick signature model?
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
You mean the Jackson Chris Broderick signature model?

Dude, I totally ninja'd you!
Quote by metaldood91

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
The best Ibanez for high-gain and shredding ?

That would be a Xiphos :P *shield up*

Seriously though, the gain all depends on your amp. For shredding, any Ibanez with the Wizard II neck will do, since they all come with crappy pickups anyway (unless you get one 2nd-handed or a signature model).

Just, don't go for the Gio's.
Iceman ICT700. But if you're willing to spend more, I'd get an Ibanez Prestige and swap out the pickups.

Oh yeah, get a black one.
Quote by WarriorArtist94
Chris Broderick's been playing Jackson for the last 6 months but before he moved to them he played RG1527 mainly, which is still produced, albeit with a different tremolo.

Got to correct you here: Broderick had at least 3 different LACS Ibanez guitars along with his 1527s and 7321s.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
AW3080WCNT

It's the most bR00TalZ geetar out there and even comes with a case.
It's great for shredding and sweeping and stuff.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Really any of the j customs, its the highest line of ibanez aside from the LACS.
this thread is halariouse, relating to OP though, pretty much any of the prestige series or anything that they sell $700+ will do the job
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Why would you want a black guitar? When I use a black guitar, I couldn't ever find it in the dark, and I'd always stub my toe on it. I think black guitars are brutally painful.

Plus, what's more metal than an aluminum guitar? Like, you don't get much more metal than aluminum.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Why would you want a black guitar? When I use a black guitar, I couldn't ever find it in the dark, and I'd always stub my toe on it. I think black guitars are brutally painful.

Plus, what's more metal than an aluminum guitar? Like, you don't get much more metal than aluminum.

thats exactly why, brutal and painful.

but seriously, if youre playing in the dark and cant find your guitar, how the hell are you going to find your patch cable?
If you can find one of those clear acrylic guitars filled with blood, get it. That's f***in metal!
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

That's why you need one that glows in the dark. Mine is uber awesome and it glows in the light.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I think the best one is the RG ∞½, made from the fiery Hells in whence it came, deep in Mordor, in the heart - of Mount Doom.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
I think the best one is the RG ∞½, made from the fiery Hells in whence it came, deep in Mordor, in the heart - of Mount Doom.

No it's the RGTr011
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
No it's the RGTr011

Yeah, but can it do Robbin Trower?
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Wisthekiller

Red is the New Black. (catch the reference?)

Seriously, to answer the question, get an RG Prestige.
See, I think you guys are missing the point. When you pick up a black guitar, you need to look at it and think "how much more black could this guitar get?" And that answer should be "none... none more black."
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 27, 2011,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
See, I think you guys are missing the point. When you pick up a black guitar, you need to look at it and thing "how much more black could this guitar get?" And that answer should be "none... none more black."

I thought the question was, "How many EMGs can we fit into this thing, and why is it missing a string?"

That second one never seems to get solved, no matter how many strings they put on it...
Where's Waldo?
well buy a guitar made out of metal with a built in shredder? and maybe something to hang a cloth to your guitar in case you would want to sweep pick.
Gear:
PRS custom 24 (2000)
PodHD500x (cause i'm poor, upgrade soon)
Custom power amp
Homemade 2x12 (celestion V30 + G12H creamback)

HORSES BLEW FIRE (My band)
Quote by chadreed32
I thought the question was, "How many EMGs can we fit into this thing, and why is it missing a string?"

That second one never seems to get solved, no matter how many strings they put on it...

Anyone should know that a guitar with EMGs only needs a 6.66" scale, 6 frets and 6 strings tuned paired fifths so breakdowns can transition from: brutal (C and G) to M0AR BRUTAL (B And Bb) and S00P4R Br00T4L (Hebrew symbols not supported by UG).
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Anyone should know that a guitar with EMGs only needs a 6.66" scale, 6 frets and 6 strings tuned paired fifths so breakdowns can transition from: brutal (C and G) to M0AR BRUTAL (B And Bb) and S00P4R Br00T4L (Hebrew symbols not supported by UG).

Sure they are.

Here's and Alef: ﬡ
Here's a Bet: בּ
Here's a Gimel:גּ
Here's a Dalet: ﬢ
Heres a He: ﬣ

and so on and so forth...
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Sure they are.

Here's and Alef: ﬡ
Here's a Bet: בּ
Here's a Gimel:גּ
Here's a Dalet: ﬢ
Heres a He: ﬣ

and so on and so forth...

It was funnier before you decided to do that. I was having a tollol field day.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 26, 2011,
Quote by chadreed32
Yeah, but can it do Robbin Trower?

Yes, it can.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

For metal, I would go with an RG570 (with original Edge) with a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, True Velvet middle and PAF PRO in the neck. That combo can cover pretty much anything you want to play. ever.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
See, I think you guys are missing the point. When you pick up a black guitar, you need to look at it and thing "how much more black could this guitar get?" And that answer should be "none... none more black."

Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Got to correct you here: Broderick had at least 3 different LACS Ibanez guitars along with his 1527s and 7321s.

Hence I said mainly. To my knowledge he also played 7620s, his trans black/purple LACS with the cream binding, his 6 and 7 string trans white and black LACS' with the ZR trem, the S with Vic's face on it, the red S he recorded Endgame with, and a plain black RG/S (I don't remember) with the Megadeth logo on it. Yeah, I'm a bit of a fanboy, haha.
Quote by metaldood91

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Page 1 of 2