The Debt Ceiling's on Fire! We don't need no water cuz we're gunna raise it up!

Page 1 of 8
Seems like this one is gonna be pretty polarizing. I'm sure the right-wing media will find a lot of minute details that they can dissect. Obama said a couple of controversial things, but for the most part, seems like just more of the same. Some things in there will likely be taken out of context, though.

/didn't watch the speech
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Yahoo comments are the black hole of the internet. All intelligence a person has is immediately taken from them and is changed into something similar to "LOL Obama suxxx, We need a real president fo real. Faggz"
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I was hoping would start this thread.
He just fed the public a dumptruck full of bullshit. His speeches play off cliche American references to make people think what he's doing is noble, American and helping us. But what does he really wanna do?! Raise the debt ceiling...
And how is that really gonna help us? Why keep spending more? Why not make gov't smaller, scrap useless gov't programs and efficiently spend the money
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
i'm watching boehner's response and i really want to kick him in the teeth.
#DTWD
I dunno. I thought he spoke well. I may not agree with all and I do think there may be some controversy but all in all...I gotta say I agree for the most part. Truth be told I think we phukt.
Quote by primusfan
i'm watching boehner's response and i really want to kick him in the teeth.

He's blaming everything on the O man. What a turd.

Here's what they need to do.
1. Taxes back to Clinton era.
2. Cut some spending.
3. Quit playing partisan politics.
4. ???
5. Profit.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Boehner came off as a giant douchebag. All he said was basically "Stop helping the poor, raise the ceiling, and we'll be fine because I'll still have all my monies!!!!"
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
There is absolutely nothing unreasonable about the compromise proposal. Even some Republicans have agreed to it.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I think I should clarify my earlier rant. How is spending more going to help us? If Obama wants to ask the public (more generally the rich) to pay more taxes and the rest of us to keep paying the same rate how does he expect us to do it when the economy's shit? How is this gonna create more jobs? How are we going to become better off?

Why not dissect the government's budget and clean out programs/staff/etc that isn't benefitting the U.S. public or is just a moneypit? Yes, obviously we need to pay off our debt, but why keep spending more and discerning the current problem; The massive government budget

EDIT: This shouldn't be neccessarily targeted at Obama alone, but a call to the politicians in charge at Washington to really take a step back and look where all the money is currently going
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Jul 25, 2011,
Might as well come to terms with working until I'm 85, seeing as this country is ****ed.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Obama seriously just ripped on John Boehner. Obama's approach is pretty much exactly what needs to be done.

Love the Low end
Quote by vicarious46
I think I should clarify my earlier rant. How is spending more going to help us? If Obama wants to ask the public (more generally the rich) to pay more taxes and the rest of us to keep paying the same rate how does he expect us to do it when the economy's shit? How is this gonna create more jobs? How are we going to become better off?

Why not dissect the government's budget and clean out programs/staff/etc that isn't benefitting the U.S. public or is just a moneypit? Yes, obviously we need to pay off our debt, but why keep spending more and discerning the current problem; The massive government budget

EDIT: This shouldn't be neccessarily targeted at Obama alone, but a call to the politicians in charge at Washington to really take a step back and look where all the money is currently going

I don't know what you're trying to say. They are not planning on spending more. That completely contradicts spending cuts.

Love the Low end
Quote by WCPhils
Yahoo comments are the black hole of the internet. All intelligence a person has is immediately taken from them and is changed into something similar to "LOL Obama suxxx, We need a real president fo real. Faggz"

Tell me about it.

Quote by Yahoo Comment
China is our new overlord. The United States of China.

Quote by Yahoo Comment
Hey obama, U-Haul is having a special. Make your reservation now.

Quote by Yahoo Comment
This piece of crap needs to be plugged up and impeached.

Sometimes I feel like logging on and trolling these people.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by vicarious46
I think I should clarify my earlier rant. How is spending more going to help us?

it won't. who's suggesting that?

If Obama wants to ask the public (more generally the rich) to pay more taxes and the rest of us to keep paying the same rate how does he expect us to do it when the economy's shit?How is this gonna create more jobs? How are we going to become better off?

2/3 of american corporations pay NO federal taxes. none. not at all. if you paid any income tax, you paid more than 2/3 of american corporations. now republicans continue to claim that the top 1% are the job creators and we can't tax them heavily. well corporate america made RECORD profits last year. as in they have NEVER made more money. and the real unemployment rate hovers around 16% at LEAST. where are the jobs?

the democrats aren't saying we SHOULDN'T cut spending. they're saying we need to cut spending AND raise taxes. BUT. we're not even REALLY raising taxes. we'd just be making the rich and the corporations pay their FAIR SHARE. we wouldn't be raising ANYONE'S taxes, we'd be closing the loopholes. it's called SHARED sacrifice. you pay your fair share. why shouldn't they?

EDIT: and as far as job creation goes, corporate tax loopholes are intrinsically tied to the loss of jobs in the US. there are corporate loopholes that give companies benefits for outsourcing jobs. we need to bring the manufacturing sector back to the US. without manufacturing, we will fail. we were doing fine as a country until suddenly we became a service economy. it's been downhill from there.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by vicarious46
He just fed the public a dumptruck full of bullshit. His speeches play off cliche American references to make people think what he's doing is noble, American and helping us. But what does he really wanna do?! Raise the debt ceiling...
And how is that really gonna help us? Why keep spending more? Why not make gov't smaller, scrap useless gov't programs and efficiently spend the money

Yeah man! It's not like his plan was to make the increase in debt ceiling contingent on $4 trillion worth of deficit reduction over the next 10 years.
Quote by Zeelod
Obama seriously just ripped on John Boehner. Obama's approach is pretty much exactly what needs to be done.

What actual plan are you talking about? I just heard him do the exact same thing he has ALWAYS done. Blame Bush, blame the rich, blame the republicans, and scare old people.
I think that, that website just crashed Chrome on my computer.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
also, i'd like to respond to Boehner getting on Obama over his "largest spending binge ever."

that is all.
#DTWD
I heard that the democrats and republicans actually agreed on a bill in both the house and senate, but Obama said he would veto it because it didn't have tax increases...Now, this is only something I heard, idk if it's true or not.

Either way, Obama needs to grow up, along with the rest of Washington, put on their big boy pants, and suck up the fact that they can't keep spending money like it grows on trees, and they can't tax the crap out of everyone.
Quote by vicarious46

this^
Quote by ethan_hanus
I heard that the democrats and republicans actually agreed on a bill in both the house and senate, but Obama said he would veto it because it didn't have tax increases...Now, this is only something I heard, idk if it's true or not.

Either way, Obama needs to grow up, along with the rest of Washington, put on their big boy pants, and suck up the fact that they can't keep spending money like it grows on trees, and they can't tax the crap out of everyone.

obama needs to grow up? the republicans are the ones acting like 5 year olds! obama has been so willing to compromise on shit. shit so conservative is makes me not want to vote for him. and you have the nerve to say HE needs to grow up. YOU need to get informed before you make dumb statements like that. check out the spending record graph above.

“Republicans simply don’t know how to manage the economy. They’re so busy operating the trickle-down theory, giving the richest corporations the biggest break, that the whole thing goes to hell in a handbasket.”
President Lyndon Baines Johnson
#DTWD
Quote by ethan_hanus

Definitely gonna need to see a source for the bolded bit.

And they aren't taxing the crap out of anyone, especially the wealthy and major US corporations. That is part of the problem here.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by primusfan
obama needs to grow up? the republicans are the ones acting like 5 year olds! obama has been so willing to compromise on shit. shit so conservative is makes me not want to vote for him. and you have the nerve to say HE needs to grow up. YOU need to get informed before you make dumb statements like that. check out the spending record graph above.

“Republicans simply don’t know how to manage the economy. They’re so busy operating the trickle-down theory, giving the richest corporations the biggest break, that the whole thing goes to hell in a handbasket.”
President Lyndon Baines Johnson

Blah blah blah blah, shut up! I'm sick of you people pointing fingers, in all honesty, none of us here actually know what we are talking about when it comes to how the US government actually operates, and neither does the media, and apparently neither does congress or the president. I've heard nothing but lies, from both sides, finger pointing, insulting each other, and more freaken LIES!!!!

This is what I know, no person on this planet, can spend more money than they make, and expect to just keep spending without consequence, governments are no different. At some point, you gotta stop digging the hole, and take the hit. Yeah, people are gonna suffer, yeah, people are gonna die, yeah, life's gonna get hard, but if you do nothing, you'll have nothing left to save.

So, stop pointing fingers, and just do something for Christs sake!!
Quote by zippidyduda
Definitely gonna need to see a source for the bolded bit.

And they aren't taxing the crap out of anyone, especially the wealthy and major US corporations. That is part of the problem here.

This.

The rich and wealthiest 5% people and corporations in America should be taxed more heavily than the rest of the 95%.

Why should the top 5% get tax breaks? They shouldn't. The taxes should raise for everyone, but especially for the top 5%
Quote by ethan_hanus
Blah blah blah blah, shut up! I'm sick of you people pointing fingers, in all honesty, none of us here actually know what we are talking about when it comes to how the US government actually operates, and neither does the media, and apparently neither does congress or the president. I've heard nothing but lies, from both sides, finger pointing, insulting each other, and more freaken LIES!!!!

This is what I know, no person on this planet, can spend more money than they make, and expect to just keep spending without consequence, governments are no different. At some point, you gotta stop digging the hole, and take the hit. Yeah, people are gonna suffer, yeah, people are gonna die, yeah, life's gonna get hard, but if you do nothing, you'll have nothing left to save.

So, stop pointing fingers, and just do something for Christs sake!!

Awesome. We'll cut everything, and with any luck, you'll be among the first to die.

Seriously, are you looking for another great fucking depression??
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by ethan_hanus
in all honesty, none of us here actually know what we are talking about when it comes to how the US government actually operates

Do you know what psychological projection is?
Check out my band Disturbed
How about they just raise exponentially? Economy is a math based algorithm, with only a few variables. Taxing the poor and giving to the rich is just going to fail the economy, inflate money, and **** the entire thing up.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by XgamerGt04
What actual plan are you talking about? I just heard him do the exact same thing he has ALWAYS done. Blame Bush, blame the rich, blame the republicans, and scare old people.

He didn't "blame" W. Bush, at least not directly.

As far as the rich thing, look at this. Hmm looks pretty interesting to me. I think it speaks for itself especially considering the two wars we were led into with out really any tax rate increase. In fact, major tax breaks were given to big corporations.
Now, will raising taxes on the highest earners or creating a new tax bracket for the ultra-wealthy fix the problem? Eh, not completely by itself. That's where spending cuts come in.

"Blame the Republicans" Watch this. It's 8 seconds. That's the Republican Senate minority leader. I think the Republicans intentions are clear. They have, sorry for somewhat extreme language, forsaken the American people. The Republicans now are pretty much trying everything they can to make Obama look like an idiot or the one responsible for running the country in the ground. In fact, it's the other way around.

Love the Low end
Quote by XgamerGt04
Raise corporate taxes and we are screwed even more. Unemployment will skyrocket... and we will lose most of our remaining tech jobs.

No, it won't. Companies don't hire based on current tax rates.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!