Is it any good/work. I was going to use it with mixcrafts, shred to use my PC as a amp; is that a good idea? Does it sound horrid or something?

EDIT: does it sound like a real amp?
Last edited by Ericthegreat at Jul 25, 2011,
It will sound like 2 monkeys defecating on a golden statue of a super hot lesbian orgy
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by ethan_hanus
Not if you do it right.

But it sounds like he plans to go direct with his guitar to mic. Its gonna sound like shit at best
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Just so everyone knows the hosa is the wrong type of connector, I ordered this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JYTM96

it is 1/4th to 3.5mm the hosa is 3.5mm to 1/4th so you would have to use a male to male audio cable instead of a guitar cable, which although I bet it is the same, It just doesn't seem right.
Thank you for all your response and help , I know my post was worded badly I just meant that if you get the hosa cable in the thread topic instead of the linked one is that it would have to go directly into the guitar and, have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord instead of plugging the connector into your pc mic input and using your norm 1/4th inch to 1/4th inch cable.
Last edited by Ericthegreat at Jul 27, 2011,
Huh? All the adapter does is change the size of the input going into the computer, you use your instrument cable as normal.

The best way to do it would be to have an interface to plug your guitar into, and it goes in via USB.

Idk what you are trying to say...what's a hosa cable?
I think Hosa is a brand (?)

Anyway, I was completely lost too but I think he's trying to say his first thought (the one in OP) was the reverse form of the adapter he needed... I think o.0
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by Ericthegreat
Thank you for all your response and help , I know my post was worded badly I just meant that if you get the hosa cable in the thread topic instead of the linked one is that it would have to go directly into the guitar and, have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord instead of plugging the connector into your pc mic input and using your norm 1/4th inch to 1/4th inch cable.

This is really confusing. The adapter you linked to from Amazon is the right one though.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.