Hey Pit

Could use some help - I'm in an Elective Music class at my high school and we've been studying the Classical Period. In about 4 weeks or so each member of the class has to perform a piece (or part of a piece, you know) composed in the Classical Period (can also be done in a group, but I think I'll do it individually).

No problem if I was a classical guitarist, but I'm much more profiecent as an electric player and I can play fairly fast (Children Of Bodom, some of DragonForce's stuff etc if it matters - but damned messy, of course).

So I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations or pieces in mind - preferrably fast and fun?

Thanks, all help is appreciated!
Any of Paganini's Caprices.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Any of Paganini's Caprices.

This. Or you could try another of Paganini's pieces La Campanella
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Deffinately one of Paganini's piece'sb
ESP LTD MH-53

(Soon to get) Peavey Bandit 112

Digitech: RP 55
Something from Vivaldi's Four Seasons...Bach-Allegro...Leclair - Tambourin...

For recreational purposes...the intro to Dark Lunacy's Defaced is a rather nice piece...Emilie Autumn's Unlaced album...particularly the title track and Manic Depression
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
Quote by theogonia777
Orange Blossom Special and Sugarfoot Rag come to mind. both are fiddle tunes, though both of those videos are on guitar.

Not exactly from the classical period, bruv.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by ruletheneck
Hey Pit

Could use some help - I'm in an Elective Music class at my high school and we've been studying the Classical Period. In about 4 weeks or so each member of the class has to perform a piece (or part of a piece, you know) composed in the Classical Period (can also be done in a group, but I think I'll do it individually).

No problem if I was a classical guitarist, but I'm much more profiecent as an electric player and I can play fairly fast (Children Of Bodom, some of DragonForce's stuff etc if it matters - but damned messy, of course).

So I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations or pieces in mind - preferrably fast and fun?

Thanks, all help is appreciated!
I think the guitarist of this band have a version of Vivaldi's "Summer".
Quote by Kamikaze1014
I think the guitarist of this band have a version of Vivaldi's "Summer".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1aMKy6TMjg

I have tabs for it buried somewhere in my computer...I'll try and locate them for you...

Edit: Here's one-http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/c/children_of_bodom/summer_tab.htm
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
Last edited by XxDethmetalxX at Jul 26, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan
Not exactly from the classical period, bruv.

psh, like anyone cares about the OP in the pit.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.