Yes... :( -$
7 5%
sometimesss
27 20%
Nononononono
93 69%
Voters: 135.
Page 1 of 2
I work at a place that sells them and everyday i see people spening 100+ dollars on them only too win an average of 4 dollars a week (lose 96), average. Sometimes i feel really irresponsible.
I was wonderingHow many pit dwellers purchase them (includes scratchies)
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
i play pull tabs and scratch offs occasionally. never the real lottery though. screw that.
#DTWD
My mom puts scratch-offs in my stocking at Christmas, but other than that no. Every once in a while when the jackpot gets really high I think about buying one, but never do.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i've only played once when it was a big pot. i think i ended up winning like $7 or something like that lol
Go Veg.
nope. played my dad's ticket for him a couple times now that im 18, but thats it
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I am an unlucky bastard, thus I do not.

prolly because if I win, my house will get robbed.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I have to say, the place I used to work, the people that bought lottery tickets looked less-than-appealing people to be around with.
And a few years of working in a grocery store that sells these things, I've said to myself, "I will never be bored enough to buy a lottery ticket."

There are some people that come in because they retired and are rich haha. But I'm guessing they're going, "Whatever, I got my corvette, my Gibson Les Paul, my Ferrari, now it's time to park up in front of a small grocery store in a under-middle class area, buy some ice cream and scratch tickets."
Last edited by RockettBoy at Jul 26, 2011,
Quote by RockettBoy
I have to say, the place I used to work, the people that bought lottery tickets looked less-than-appealing people to be around with.
And a few years of working in a grocery store that sells these things, I've said to myself, "I will never be bored enough to buy a lottery ticket."

There are some people that come in because they retired and are rich haha. But I'm guessing they're going, "Whatever, I got my corvette, my Gibson Les Paul, my Ferrari, now it's time to park up in front of a small grocery store in a under-middle class area, buy some ice cream and scratch tickets."

What does being bored have to do anything? It's usually people who are sick of working/don't work who buy em lol
I work at a store that sells them, I see lots of people who buy them impulsively and habitually, and can't stop. The average customer i get who buys lottery daily will spend at least $10 bucks on the daily, but i have ones who will spend that on the hour, and win almost none of it back. It's a sad waste of money, and a tax on the poor. Or rather, the poor who don't understand statistics.

EDIT: Oh, and the customers who buy them outweigh the infrequent users and the people i never see again by a ratio of at least 3:1, it's addictive shit.
Last edited by bendystraw at Jul 26, 2011,
What the hell who still buys lottery tickets. They're a complete waste of money.
My dad dominates scratch tickets. He's won thousands and thousands over the years. Even had a really big win a few years ago, like $40K or something.
Quote by .Joker.
What does being bored have to do anything? It's usually people who are sick of working/don't work who buy em lol

At least for myself, I hope I don't bored enough to do that, such as not working lol

A lot of the people that did buy lottery tickets did look they did not work :S
Quote by Avedas
What the hell who still buys lottery tickets. They're a complete waste of money.

Still buys? You're 18. Ever hear of Lotto Max which can pay out 50+ million?

A Niagara Falls couple just won 41.3 million.

Yeah, the odds suck but they're impossible if you don't play.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by wahappen

I didn't realize this had anything to do with me. Sorry.
I've never bought one personally, but I have seen my dad drop a benjamin on powerball tickets. He didn't win of course
Yes, i always win! 4 8.33%
Yes... -$ 2 4.17%
sometimesss 10 20.83%
Nononononono 32 66.67%
Fretburning for the one God who keeps my heart ablaze ♪♫♫
(Jeremiah 20:9)
Occasionally will buy a scratch off. There is one fun game in my state, its like a crossword puzzle sort of. It was more exciting right after turning 18, but then i went to college and had no more money lol
Quote by nextchapter94
Yes, i always win! 4 8.33%
Yes... -$ 2 4.17%
sometimesss 10 20.83%
Nononononono 32 66.67%

...thanks?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Buy a ticket almost every week, always a single ticket, and always random numbers. If I win I can buy a house, some toys and invest the rest and be set for life. If not I've got other projects on the way that can make me some money. :3
Every once in a long while. When you stop in at a gas station to pee and then use your card for a $1 800oz fountain drink (hence continuing the cycle of stopping every 60 miles to pee), you might as well blow an extra dollar and have some scratchy fun.

When I was younger, I also bought quite a few pickle cards while drunk.

I tallied my buy to win ratio once and compared it to the listed odds on the back of the cards--- I'm incredibly unlucky.
No, I like, understand maths and shit.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
i play alot. mostly scratch offs though. i once won 200 bucks on a christmas ticket, then with some of that money i bought 6 more tickets and ended up with another 200 on top of the first 200.

biggest ive won other then that was $1000 off a platinum crossword scratch off. felt like a winner that day

sometimes i play the powerball or those other tickets but i never win. my parents have better luck at those games
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
I've got a pretty good Win/Loss when it comes to The Lottery. I think I've played about four times and won £10 twice.

I don't play regularly, though. I don't want to screw up my leaderboard ranking.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by wahappen

That's the spirit.
maybe a few times a year. ive never bought for the lottery drawings, just some $1 or $2 scratch offs. i think the most ive won is $40 on one card. i dont really buy expecting to win, just for some cheap, quick entertainment and the hope that i might get real lucky and have one of the jackpot tickets.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I think UK lottery is a lot different to US lottery.

In any case, in the UK, you have about a 1:5 chance of breaking even (not that that justifies it, just a little fact).

Also 23% goes to the Lottery Fund charity, so it's not just a money making heartless scheme.

Anyway, recently I've been playing weekly with a friend. It's £1 a week, so about £3/4 a month. That's pretty much a pint or two. I barely notice it so meh, it feel worth even a remote chance to me.
I play scratchcards once in a blue moon, but I can't even win from those things...
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
If you're a frequent player, just add up all the money you spent. If it's just a "once in a blue moon" kind of deals, I suppose it's no big deal. I'd never do it though.
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
Every time I don`t enter I win a pound, so I`ve won £104 a year for the last 15 years - so i`ve won £1560 in total - bet not many players get that kind of return!
Me and my brother take it in turns to get the tickets, its cuz we is po
Also i prefer putting it on the horses, i have better luck there.
You have better odds of being struck by lightning 4x. I'm only at 3. After my 4th, I'll start playing.
Quote by wahappen

All those lottery products have a negative expectancy, so in the long run, you're almost certain you'll lose money. A big win now and then by somebody random doesn't make any difference. The chances remain the same.
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
Page 1 of 2