Hey guys wondering what you think about the Gibson 490R Alnico Humbucker and 498T Alnico Humbucker. Im getting an Onyx Les Paul copy but the neck pickup isnt working... thinking about replacing the neck pickup with a Gibson 490R Alnico Humbucker and the bridge pickup with a 498T Alnico Humbucker

Thoughts??
Really depends on what kind of sound you're going for.
but the pick ups should be fine if you can get them for a good price...
Quote by LachlanFord
Hey guys wondering what you think about the Gibson 490R Alnico Humbucker and 498T Alnico Humbucker. Im getting an Onyx Les Paul copy but the neck pickup isnt working... thinking about replacing the neck pickup with a Gibson 490R Alnico Humbucker and the bridge pickup with a 498T Alnico Humbucker

Thoughts??

i like them. had a set in a gibson les paul studio i used to own. replaced the 498t with a pearly gates, so i put the 498t in hamer xt satf. boy let me tell you, it really opened up the sonic capabilities of that guitar. under higher gain the notes have a full bodied yet definite attack that i really dug. of course i don't really chord with high gain because my amp gain settings make chords sound waaaaaaay too warm and loose, so i'm unsure as to how that might sound
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Quote by ItsThatDude
i like them. had a set in a gibson les paul studio i used to own. replaced the 498t with a pearly gates, so i put the 498t in hamer xt satf. boy let me tell you, it really opened up the sonic capabilities of that guitar. under higher gain the notes have a full bodied yet definite attack that i really dug. of course i don't really chord with high gain because my amp gain settings make chords sound waaaaaaay too warm and loose, so i'm unsure as to how that might sound

which pearly gates
Quote by aeromakesmusic
Really depends on what kind of sound you're going for.
but the pick ups should be fine if you can get them for a good price...

more of a classic rock sound