Hey all , Need some advice!

In the market for an Acoustic Guitar , at the moment have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom and a Little muck around acoustic that i am gettin into at Uni.

After a little more of a Serious Acoustic that will hopefully last many years

Tested a 225 Maton & A couple of Cole Clarks
Need a few more ideas!
In AUS

Cheers!
Get a Guild GAD series, Epiphone Masterbuilt, Breedlove Atlas series, or higher end Yamaha.
If I had $1500 to spend I would get a Maton CW80 or a Cole Clark FL2.
I managed to get my ecw80c at $1600 with case and maton strap during the financial year sales. I went in looking to get a 325 (ap5 pickup, most popular model) but walked out with one of those. If you decide to get a maton, have a look at the few other models. The one I have is the entry level into their all solid guitars. You can tell the solid from the laminates by looking at the headstock. Keyhole means all solid.
I had my eye on the smaller performer series with the bunya tops which sound pretty amazing, they too fit into your price range.
Also for that price range you should have a look at the martins, probably one of their lower range models though, since we pay so much for them over here.

Cole clark fat ladies should be given a go of too.
I find the martins to be a little warmer whereas the matons and Cole Clarks sound quite crispy. If that's anything to go by.
Last edited by Casuist at Jul 27, 2011,
Cheers guys , I ended up getting a 2nd hand Maton Miranda for $1000 , Has the Keyhole head stock and a AP5 pickup .

What i can say is the FLA2 played extremely well and had a real smooth look about it .
However was a good $600 more and with the AP5 pickup the Maton should sound beautiful Live ( also sounds beautiful unplugged) !

The Maton was just really smooth to actually play
Congrats on the purchase. I'm not familiar with the Miranda model. Put some pics up if you get the chance.
Cheers! , Yeah I believe it may be a Shop Special ?
Will throw some Pics up next week when i have my camera!
Quote by Casuist
I managed to get my ecw80c at $1600 with case and maton strap during the financial year sales. I went in looking to get a 325 (ap5 pickup, most popular model) but walked out with one of those. If you decide to get a maton, have a look at the few other models. The one I have is the entry level into their all solid guitars. You can tell the solid from the laminates by looking at the headstock. Keyhole means all solid.
I had my eye on the smaller performer series with the bunya tops which sound pretty amazing, they too fit into your price range.
Also for that price range you should have a look at the martins, probably one of their lower range models though, since we pay so much for them over here.

Cole clark fat ladies should be given a go of too.
I find the martins to be a little warmer whereas the matons and Cole Clarks sound quite crispy. If that's anything to go by.

thats a good deal,got mine for 1900 a few years back,havent really broke mine in yet,they say they get better with age,its a sweet sounding guitar.
I could not be happier with my FLAC2 Cole Clark. It sounds great acoustic and angelic amp'd up. It is a beautiful guitar made of Australian timbers which also give it this fresh smell. If you have the money go for the top of the range FLAC3. You won't be disappointed even if this is the only guitar you ever own. Of course a nice amp will complete the package. Peavy trans tube is all i have atm but looking for upgrade
i got a Maton EM325C with hard case and stap for $1500, you just have to look around and try get a deal or just get the price down in general.