Hey there UG,

I know this is slightly off topic... but I really need some help!

My band have recently entered into a contest being held by the Australian website Triple J Unearthed. They are trying to find the best Australian high school band, and the winner gets to fly to Sydney to re-record their song, and gets to play a concert with the Living End!

I would really appreciate it if you guys could check out our original song that we recorded in my bedroom called 'October Chill'. The link is below:

http://www.triplejunearthed.com/MidnightNation

If you guys could rate and review it, it would be very helpful

Thanks guys!
Quote by Mx023
picture everyone naked with hot sauce being poured all over their body and then just think "i'm too good for hot sauce and all these naked people" then just do what comes naturally to you. it's all so simple
Last edited by Raptor94 at Jul 26, 2011,
Quote by KTFM
On topic: Link doesn't work.

http://www.triplejunearthed.com/MidnightNation

sorry about that!
Quote by Mx023
picture everyone naked with hot sauce being poured all over their body and then just think "i'm too good for hot sauce and all these naked people" then just do what comes naturally to you. it's all so simple
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i remember a thread just like this being closed recently...

not mine haha
Quote by Mx023
bump
Quote by Mx023
Usually i vote in these threads without listening because it's some bullshit Scandinavian energy drink company holding a competition to play at some bullshit Scandinavian music festival but i actually listened to your song because this is a comp i'm familiar with and i don't think you deserve the vote. Sorry.
Quote by spitonastranger
Usually i vote in these threads without listening because it's some bullshit Scandinavian energy drink company holding a competition to play at some bullshit Scandinavian music festival but i actually listened to your song because this is a comp i'm familiar with and i don't think you deserve the vote. Sorry.

Agreed. There are some really ****ing talented bands in Unearthed High, and I hate to say it TS, my vote has to go elsewhere.

But while this thread's kicking, anyone wanna rate some songs on my band's Unearthed
Quote by KTFM
Agreed. There are some really ****ing talented bands in Unearthed High, and I hate to say it TS, my vote has to go elsewhere.

But while this thread's kicking, anyone wanna rate some songs on my band's Unearthed

bold

bold to go for it, man
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by KTFM

10/10

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by KTFM
I almost didn't do it.
I thought, is this is bad taste? But you know what? I went for it.
I went for it and I did it.
Oh, worth it... Totally worth it.

you know what else i almost didn't do, tasted bad and was worth it?

hi5
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by WishfulShredder

thats ****ing harsh

yet probably true
Quote by Mx023
Quote by Raptor94
****, they are good

Not gonna lie, can see that band going big.
Quote by KTFM
****ing **** **** **** **** ****. I thought it was actually really good and interesting. Especially for a high-school band.

I just listened to them. I judged them based on the fact that they called themselves a prog band and i'm surrounded by bands who play boring shit with whiney vocals over 13/8 drums and heavily processed guitars.

Yeah they're not terrible. I'm not sure i'd call them prog though the floyd influence is obvious.

I was going to sign up for this but missed the cut off. I'm not especially concerned though given i don't really care for the living end

I liked the winners last year. They had an interesting sound.
Quote by spitonastranger
F*uck i'm so sick of f*cking australian prog bands trying to sound like f*cking cog or karnivool. F*ck!

I live in Byron Bay and went to school a couple of years behind Parkway Drive, so I'm just happy to hear ANY Australian band doing something other than hardcore.