Page 1 of 3
Why do Americans hate Canadians so much? I have yet to meet an American who thinks that Canadians are not bad people who only do stupid things. I've met people from Europe who don't make light of Canada, seems to be most Americans...

Being Canadian I find it difficult to even talk about my home country because it inevitably ends up being a 'shit-on-Canada-for-no-real-reason' festival. I mean what's so great about America???

Any fellow Canadians find that Americans are rude and ignorant of our culture (which isn't too far off from their own might I add...)?
Why you all mad aboot this? Just ignore them

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Jul 26, 2011,
You're generalizing two nations. Never a good thing to do. On a realistic level Canada and US society is pretty much exactly the same. Just Canadians are far less patriotic.
Aside from riotoing over a ****ing game, canda is pretty sweet
PM me for newts
Lots of people are rude and ignorant of other peoples cultures. Not just Americans.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
We love Canada here in England. I think it's probably just the Americans then, a nation so intelligent that they elected George W Bush twice...
Quote by LinkManDX
That's it, everybody go home, thread won by [sam].
Lots of Canadians I have talked to are not too fond of the states either and others love it. Personally I enjoy you candies. Just don't surround yourself around ignorant people.
Quote by Weaponxclaws
Why do Americans hate Canadians so much? I have yet to meet an American who thinks that Canadians are not bad people who only do stupid things. I've met people from Europe who don't make light of Canada, seems to be most Americans...

Being Canadian I find it difficult to even talk about my home country because it inevitably ends up being a 'shit-on-Canada-for-no-real-reason' festival. I mean what's so great about America???

Any fellow Canadians find that Americans are rude and ignorant of our culture (which isn't too far off from their own might I add...)?

people like to make jokes that aren't funny all the time. if you take it to heart well then you sir are waaaaaay too sensitive. i wouldn't give one **** if a foreigner was shitting on america to my face, and the only time i will care is when people start shitting on america with nukes
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Quote by Avedas
You're generalizing two nations. Never a good thing to do. On a realistic level Canada and US society is pretty much exactly the same. Just Canadians are far less patriotic.

It's not generalizing as much as making an observation about what I've dealt with ever since I moved to the States 12 years ago. While society is similar, the Americans think that we are all about hockey, maple syrup, beavers, and saying 'aboot', 'eh?', and 'dontcha know?'. These negative stereotypes (while some places of Canada my adhere to some of them...) are typical exhibits of rudeness from anyone who isn't Canadian. My point is that Canada is not too different from America, England, or (if you're from Quebec as I am) France but we are still treated like we are an entirely different species of nothing but quirky behaviour and goofy accents.
Quote by Weaponxclaws
It's not generalizing as much as making an observation about what I've dealt with ever since I moved to the States 12 years ago. While society is similar, the Americans think that we are all about hockey, maple syrup, beavers, and saying 'aboot', 'eh?', and 'dontcha know?'. These negative stereotypes (while some places of Canada my adhere to some of them...) are typical exhibits of rudeness from anyone who isn't Canadian. My point is that Canada is not too different from America, England, or (if you're from Quebec as I am) France but we are still treated like we are an entirely different species of nothing but quirky behaviour and goofy accents.

You do realize that those are far more often than not jokes, albeit tired out and overused ones, right?

Then again I've lived here my whole life so I dunno.
Quote by Weaponxclaws

try moving from a southern state to the northeast. its exactly the same.
Quote by Weaponxclaws

because my "fellow" americans think they're better than everyone else, even though a large portion are ignorant and frequently leave the house in sweatpants to buy cheetos and snuggies at walmart
Quote by StewieSwan

Oh yeah, because American baseball fans (or South American soccer fans) have never beaten/killed fans of other teams.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Last edited by Sirwinston89 at Jul 26, 2011,
lol, i talked to some american kids about this, they said canada was bad because they dont have the dudesons, jackass, obama, and all the sweet amusement parks, beaches, food, famous people and stuff like that. But canada has banks that don't crash, a less criminally active place, and a government that is in much less of a debt than the US government (dont get pissed off at me if im wrong, its jus what i've heard so simmer down)
but they said canada was disgusting because most people are uncircumcised
well atleast if i get a random boner while in some jeans, the skin on my head isn't being assaulted when i move around because its completely exposed...
I don't dislike Canadians. I don't dislike people from other countries, I only dislike rude people.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by StewieSwan

At least everyone forgot about it in a week or so.
Quote by Weaponxclaws

i don't know how you can find the time to post here with all the maple syrup harvesting, hockey training, and beaver trapping that you, being the good canadian that you are, should be doing. seriously though, those are all jokes. I'm black, but since i'm not big and intimidating and hang out with mostly white kids and i hear stupid racist jokes and stereotypes all the time because people think they can get away with it. but at the end of the day none of them apply, and i know that. you're too uptight man...chill
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
I've honestly never made fun of Canadians and I think they're really cool people in general. I just wish our country wasn't full of jackasses. Plus Kenny vs Spenny is a Canadian show and that's one of the greatest tv shows of all time, imo. I also like Canadian women better than American women, so there's definately no hate from me.
The only good things from Canada would be Neil Young,Trailer Park Boys, and Crown Royal.

But those three things make Canada as good as any country.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by KTFM
*Ahem!*

Take the jokes to the joke thread, Sweet Pea.

Canada is also good for fishing.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
I don't know about the people and culture but Canadas nature is amazing. That makes it a kickass country if you ask me. Now stop being butthurt. If anyone should be complaining it should be Americans. I can't say I've heard anything positive about them in a long time and my peers and I joke about them on a daily basis in a far from light hearted way.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
It's because you live in Arizona.

I've never heard anyone anywhere talk smack about our neighbor upstairs (Canada).
LARGE TEXT
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I don't know about the people and culture but Canadas nature is amazing. That makes it a kickass country if you ask me. Now stop being butthurt. If anyone should be complaining it should be Americans. I can't say I've heard anything positive about them in a long time and my peers and I joke about them on a daily basis in a far from light hearted way.

Thank god most people don't even know Slovenia exists. Otherwise we would be making fun of your std rate, no?

Canada is also good for rape seed oil. Or canola oil, I suppose.
Quote by Gabel
Why would you care what a bunch of retard americans say? In the eyes of the rest of the world americans are near the bottom as far as respectable cultures go. Iv heard from people who have been to both canada and America and they say that canadians are friendly honest people, whereas americans are more douchey and in a lot of cases stupid.
Quote by mickmos1
Why would you care what a bunch of retard americans say? In the eyes of the rest of the world americans are near the bottom as far as respectable cultures go. Iv heard from people who have been to both canada and America and they say that canadians are friendly honest people, whereas americans are more douchey and in a lot of cases stupid.

America invented rock and roll.
Quote by Gabel
Canada gave us Rush. You guys are awesome for that
"Breasts the size of watermelons" is what Moses said to the Egyptians
Quote by KTFM
And the Brits made it interesting/relevant.

By copying American blues musicians that were doing it better 20 years before? If anything the Brits made rock and roll a cliché.

Canada is also good for lumber.
Quote by Gabel
Quote by ripple07
By copying American blues musicians that were doing it better 20 years before? If anything the Brits made rock and roll a cliché.

Canada is also good for lumber.

Blues from the people stolen from Africa? If anything, America turned soulful communication into a sell-out capitalist minefield.

I can play this game, too.
Quote by KTFM
Blues from the people stolen from Africa? If anything, America turned soulful communication into a sell-out capitalist minefield.

I can play this game, too.

The blues is purely American. And I was only jesting, mind you. I hate America as much as you do.

On topic: I however do not hate Canada. I don't think anybody hates Canada, Ts.
Quote by Gabel
Last edited by ripple07 at Jul 26, 2011,
TS, I'm not sure who you talk to but I and all of my friends love Canadians. Hell, my dad's Canadian. And I've always wanted to go there. Some bands I like come out of Canada. Canada is the fuking tits!

I'm American btw
My Set-Up Thus Far:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (ebony)
-Fender DeVille Hot Rod 112
-BOSS Grunge pedal

BAYSIDE IS A CULT

canada 1
everything 0
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Page 1 of 3