Working on my instrumental guitar-oriented song, wrote some parts, gave a listen to a couple of people.

My father says the part after 70th tact sounds bit out of tune, I think it's just due the bit of progressive sound in this song, what do you guys think?

the part from 70+, the descending scale and onward.
Attachments:
Rock.gp5
Sounds pretty good to my ears
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
This is why people should learn music theory

But nah you're fine it's in tune
Quote by whoomit
smoke weed chill an watvch rugrats errday
Quote by rudric
This is why people should learn music theory

But nah you're fine it's in tune

I thought I was in tune, my father thought I wasn't

Never had problems with staying in tune, and I do not possess any knowledge of theory
yeah it does sound kind of out of key but idk.
btw it actually sounds pretty cool one of the few gp.5 songs i've downloaded that actually sounded good.
Quote by aeromakesmusic
yeah it does sound kind of out of key but idk.
btw it actually sounds pretty cool one of the few gp.5 songs i've downloaded that actually sounded good.

Thanks, I think it's actually in tune, but the whole part just sounds a bit awkward, but I guess that's normal
Nah i just mean if you had any doubts you could always check

But nah I liked that bit a lot, i don't think it sounds awkward
Quote by whoomit
smoke weed chill an watvch rugrats errday
Quote by rudric
Nah i just mean if you had any doubts you could always check

But nah I liked that bit a lot, i don't think it sounds awkward

Well, I don't check scales, but I check out used notes, which is basically the same thing.

All seemed fine there.
Some parts do sound out of key, but obviously they're in tune. MIDI tends to be in tune you know :|

EDIT: Well apparently you're in A minor consistently but you're using notes that kind of clash with the background chords.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Last edited by Flibo at Jul 26, 2011,
Quote by Flibo
Some parts do sound out of key, but obviously they're in tune. MIDI tends to be in tune you know :|

I don't know, everything seems as it should be right, but that descending scale sounds somebit awkward to me.

IF I play it in real life it sounds pretty much the same
Quote by Zeletros
I don't know, everything seems as it should be right, but that descending scale sounds somebit awkward to me.

IF I play it in real life it sounds pretty much the same

It does sound decent, it's not bad by any means, but for example at bar 79 you have a nice little lick but it has an F note. The chord in the background is C which has an E. It sounds a little awkward but you probably could live with it.
Quote by Flibo
It does sound decent, it's not bad by any means, but for example at bar 79 you have a nice little lick but it has an F note. The chord in the background is C which has an E. It sounds a little awkward but you probably could live with it.

Well, that part is actually really to my liking.

I'm more concerned about the decending scale before it comes to this repetative lick, it sounds much more awkward to me than that
Quote by Zeletros
Well, that part is actually really to my liking.

I'm more concerned about the decending scale before it comes to this repetative lick, it sounds much more awkward to me than that

Try changing the piano part a little. The notes seem to clash with the scale run. For example, if you just try sustaining the chord for the whole bar it seems to sound better.
Quote by Flibo
Try changing the piano part a little. The notes seem to clash with the scale run. For example, if you just try sustaining the chord for the whole bar it seems to sound better.

I'll see what I can do, usually I just finish writing guitar and then change other instruments to make it more dynamic
Quote by kian89
Its good but couldve been better you know.

Every song you ever heard could've been better, in one way or another.

In music, perfection is not possible, so it is not needed to quarrel over every part of song.
Btw you've stole a shit load of phrases in there. Not even the more noticeable ones, but i recognised atleast 3 that i've heard before.
But it sounds in key atleast.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Quote by W4T3V3R
Btw you've stole a shit load of phrases in there. Not even the more noticeable ones, but i recognised atleast 3 that i've heard before.
But it sounds in key atleast.

I find that hard to believe considering I only have 130 songs on my hard drive and I listen to a few of them on endless loop
If something is out of tune in a guitar pro file, you probably need new soundcard drivers.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Zeletros
I find that hard to believe considering I only have 130 songs on my hard drive and I listen to a few of them on endless loop

For the guitar - Bar 24 to 26 and Bar 27 to the first half of 29 also.
For the piano - 37 to 41.

If i had the time i'd seek out the songs, but i can assure you they are exactly/very close to their "original" in terms of phrasing and melody. The guitar 24-26 is from a Scorpions song im almost sure of it, whilst 27-29 is similar to a different song i have a feeling its RHCP or someone like that.

If it isnt intentional then guess no harm Its a nice piece though dude, with no theory knowledge!? Some cool progressions.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Quote by W4T3V3R
For the guitar - Bar 24 to 26 and Bar 27 to the first half of 29 also.
For the piano - 37 to 41.

If i had the time i'd seek out the songs, but i can assure you they are exactly/very close to their "original" in terms of phrasing and melody. The guitar 24-26 is from a Scorpions song im almost sure of it, whilst 27-29 is similar to a different song i have a feeling its RHCP or someone like that.

If it isnt intentional then guess no harm Its a nice piece though dude, with no theory knowledge!? Some cool progressions.

I'm pretty sure it can be heard somewhere else, but music belongs to not one man. So I figure it's okay for it to sound like something else.

I don't really have any actual influences, that I know of, so I just write what I feel like, which turns out to be bit progressive, but I like it.

I believe that in terms of the whole song, it sounds pretty original, which is more than I hoped to achieve when I started playing guitar.

Thanks for listening