Is it safe to use my Peavey Vypyr 15 as a speaker for my laptop/DVd player ?

Are there any negative consequences ?
not that i could possibly imagine...im assuming you got an rca cable linking your mp3's headphone jack to the red and white input jacks on the back of the amp? because this is exactly what i do with my beringer amp and it works great..i even play along sometimes
I've used mine as a speaker plenty of times and it's fine, no negative effects... yet
Quote by joey78
Is it safe to use my Peavey Vypyr 15 as a speaker for my laptop/DVd player ?

Are there any negative consequences ?

It will eventually blowz thee amp up

Nah just kidding I used to have a line 6 spider 2 that I used as a speaker for music at work lol.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Thanks guys

I have an Aux in on my amp which is meant for plugging in my MP3 or PC so I can Jam .However i read somewhere that you have to be careful not to turn the volume up too high so was wondering if it was safe.
Quote by joey78
Thanks guys

I have an Aux in on my amp which is meant for plugging in my MP3 or PC so I can Jam .However i read somewhere that you have to be careful not to turn the volume up too high so was wondering if it was safe.

You could probly blow the speaker in it theres awlays that chance.
I wouldnt know we blew my spider up with dynamite one night we got board
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by joey78
Thanks guys

it should be. it's meant to take in a mp3 player.

i don't see a problem as long as you plug into the correct input for it.