Hello UG,

I've been having this problem for a while, but since I got my tube amp, I can hear it more clearly.
Whenever I strum 'hard', I can hear a crackling noise, and when I turn my tone pot, the crackling noise gets louder. I have got this ever since the knob of the pot came off and the nut came loose a little. I tightened the nut, but since then I got a crackling noise.

Any ideas on how to solve this or should I just take it to a guitar tech and let him take a look at it?

Thanks, Bauwke.

#2 of the Orange TH30 Clique
Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
It possibly is an easy fix, but if you aren't sure what you're doing taking it to a tech would probably be the wisest idea - if you try it yourself and do it wrong, you may end up doing more damage and end up having to pay the tech more to fix it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
You can try cleaning it by spraying some contact cleaner into the pot. There is normally a gap in the pot's housing behind the tags. This is a stop-gap measure however. The correct solution is to replace the pot.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification