Hey guys, my band have started to evolve out of the parkway drive metalcore sound and more into the it prevails-esque sound.
atm i don't have any pedals for effects and i'm just playing straight through my jsx

I've only really looked into the boss dd7, the mxr carbon copy and the malekko ekko 616
I'm starting to realise dd7 is purely just a novelty thing with the looper on top and i'm leaning more towards an analogue delay sound at the minute

If anybody has anymore suggestions or (even better) could tell me which pedal they'd go for and why then that'd help a lotttttt
I would ask my local shop but they'd just say the priciest delay pedal on the shelf haha

budget £150
Vox time machine
MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Carbon Copy!

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
The Malekko 616 sounds awesome for me after a distortion pedal, and sounds good in the fx loop although I loose a bit of the mix here (I think this is my amps loop though). It sounds pretty heroic on most settings. Did you want an analogue delay or digital? Also does your amp have an fx loop?
Quote by ragingben
The Malekko 616 sounds awesome for me after a distortion pedal, and sounds good in the fx loop although I loose a bit of the mix here (I think this is my amps loop though). It sounds pretty heroic on most settings. Did you want an analogue delay or digital? Also does your amp have an fx loop?

I think the analogue delay will be better cause i can pin point accurately what i want with a delay that doesnt sound like a computer haha
Yeah it does man, peavey jsx has an fx loop
what'd be the advantage/disadvantage of having it through the fx loop or just through the front of the amp?
Well, if you picture it before the amp you will be pumping in a signal with delay tails, each of which will then be distorted, which can get messy. If you have the delay in the loop you are delaying a distorted signal which is generally much clearer and defined, and IMO sounds much better. Some pedal/loop combinations suck though, my phaser sounds utter shite in the loop, and llike I said my delay becomes less pronounced in the loop. The Malekko 616 is a cracker though, I love it! I have yet to get a bad tone out of it, my only complaints is the modulation is not really worth bothering with except for subtle settings, and with the regen knob above 12 it can go into self oscillation pretty easily, which is a shame.
I think the Styrmon Brigadier dBucket Delay deserves a mention here too.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
You can get so much better then the carbon copy, what do people hear in it is beyond me.you want digital my friend, analog tends to mud up when playing fast, nuclear bomb style high gain licks at 400 bpm. digital delays like the DD-3 and if you can find one, a DD-2. The strymon brigadier is also a high end delay.

You can find a good used DD-2 on ebay/TGP for that much money. if no, there are others like:
Catalinbread Monty
Malekko 616 (although i hear the modulation is pretty unusable)
EHX Memory Boy/toy
Analogman Delay (no idea what they go for)
EHX Cathedral can cover both reverb and delay
EHX No. 1 Delay
Quote by stykerwolf
you want digital my friend, analog tends to mud up when playing fast, nuclear bomb style high gain licks at 400 bpm.

he said he's going to play melodic hardcore. which means a bunch of thick distorted chords with delayed leads and melodies in the background.

not this "space metal" you just described lol.

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
TC Elec Nova repeater.....
Each time anyone mentions needing an analog delay, it boggles my mind that everyone on the GG&A forum recommends the Carbon Copy. It's pretty expensive, not at all versatile, and has extremely dark repeats (which makes it my 1st choice as a bass delay). My vote goes to the EHX Memory Boy, which is both cheaper and more versatile than the Carbon Copy.
Quote by New_Crisis
not this "space metal" you just described lol.

...But I love space metal!

I agree on the whole analog vs. digital clarity issue though. I tend to prefer analog delays, but with super high gain low tuned brutality, you'll probably want a digital delay if your goal is clarity.

I have a few questions of my own too: Is there much tonal difference between analog and digital delay oscillations? With my Carbon Copy in the FX loop I lose a lot of volume as it pertains to my delay repeats, NOT amp volume. Is this just a short-fall of FX loops, or is there something I'm doing wrong?
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.