I'm doing this for my bassist...
He has a Peavey Millennium 5 BXP Bass, but we only need a 4 string...
But he is looking at trading the Peavey for a Squier P Bass with some cash.
With the cash he is looking to just buy pickups and swapping them out.
Is it advisable? I know that he also needs to rewire it as the pots aren't that great...
I told him he should put Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders in the P Bass...
Thanks ahead of time.
Quote by MrFlibble
There are no words to accurately describe my disdain for this post.
Guitar Fetish.com

It will cost less and will be as good as the stock american pickups

I have the GFS jazz bass pups in my mim and I get tons of compliments. I would also suggest replacing the wiring with Premo wire and dont skimp and get the real fender/CTS potentiometers. It'll make a difference that you wont regret.

-Peace
This ones dedicated to the same ol draggin scene...all the soldiers fighting in chigago and new york and oh yeah all the soldiers fighting over in the middle east... this is called machine gun...
Quote by Steelrod
Guitar Fetish.com

It will cost less and will be as good as the stock american pickups

I have the GFS jazz bass pups in my mim and I get tons of compliments. I would also suggest replacing the wiring with Premo wire and dont skimp and get the real fender/CTS potentiometers. It'll make a difference that you wont regret.

-Peace

How much do you think it would cost for the pots, the pickups and someone to install it all?
And is that a no go for the Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders?
Quote by MrFlibble
There are no words to accurately describe my disdain for this post.
Honestly if he likes the Peavey I'd just have him keep that. I'm assuming since he's looking at a trade for a Squier + cash that its a Squier Affinity, in which case the Peavey is generally going to be the better bass. You could throw new pickups in the Squier but if its poorly put together, well then you're just trying to polish a turd.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass