The IIIs recently had a price drop from $299 to $199.

Which one should I get, is it worth paying the 100 more for the new version, although it has less overall power?
Well, I use a spider III 75 for practice, because I can turn it down low, and to my taste, I believe it has somewhat better sound than the spider IV, but the spider IV does have better and more effects. They both dont have very good tonal qualities at all though. I would save up for a better amp in your situation.
Quote by Stryker636
Well, I use a spider III 75 for practice, because I can turn it down low, and to my taste, I believe it has somewhat better sound than the spider IV, but the spider IV does have better and more effects. They both dont have very good tonal qualities at all though. I would save up for a better amp in your situation.

this.

the spiders sound fine as practice amps. but they don't handle any situation with other musicians very well. the other guitarist in my band uses one and it just doesn't cut through over other instruments unless it's drowning them out. it doesn't project very well and is very quiet for a 120 watter...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Spiders are generally hated and maligned here, not without good reason though. With the $299 you might spend on the IV you could easily buy a Roland Cube or Peavey Viper. It's a practice amp, you don't need 75 or 120 W. 30W is pretty high for bedroom stuff. Like I said, keep that wattage info in mind and look into some much better practice modellers.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

How about spider 0.

Take a look at the Roland cube amps. They sound so much better than the spider amps. I've had my 15x for 4 years and it still works and sounds great. Just because the spider amp is the "number one selling line of amps" doesn't mean it sounds great. The spider amps are very overrated. Look at the cube 20xl. You can find them for $150 and I highly recommend them.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
IV has more "kiss of the pick" than III.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.