Hey fellas it's been a while since I posted here so first of all hello to everyone its been awhile. Anyway I was thinking of purchasing an ESP MH-350FR but the only esp dealer I have locally is Guitar center and was wondering how good the setup should be on it straight out of the box, I really don't trust GC to set it up, so I was hopeing it would be good to go without messing with it. If anyone has experience with this brand your input would be appreciated.
Every ESP and LTD I have bought has been sweet straight from the box. Though you can't order direct from ESP unless it's a custom job, so it will largely come down to whoever you buy it from anyway.
Alright, so ESP is a good way to go. All of them that I have played in store play pretty well. I don't know, however, if the store tweaked them before they put them on the floor. Assuming that they are strait from the box, they are descent. Is there something about your Guitar Center that bothers you though? Because I've never known GC to have a particularly bad rep when it comes to set ups and repairs. Just play it when it comes in and tell them what you want done with it. If you're not satisfied, just tell them. Barter a little bit and tell them that they didn't do what you wanted and that you won't pay a dime until they get it right. I realize that this is long, but I guess any input is helpful. Cheers!
So if I buy from GC chances are they will have messed with it? I'll be sure to play it before I shell out any cash, I just don't trust GC because of some of the retards i've seen working there but hopefully I'm just paranoid.
I'm in the exact same situation. I'm wanting to buy this guitar but the nearest dealer is about 500 miles away apparently. The Guitar Guitar near me sells LTD's but not this model:/ so i think i need to order online, what do you think?
Quote by whoomit
smoke weed chill an watvch rugrats errday
The Guitar Guitar near me sells LTD's but not this model

If they stock LTD odds on you can ask them to order in any ESP/LTD guitar you want. Which is my preferred way of buying a guitar really. You still give the local store your business and you get a new guitar rather than one that has been man-handled in store.
I'm not sure if GC actually does anything to their floor models. I wouldn't but a floor model anyways. Ask if they have one in the back. Here is the bad news and one reason that I hate guitar center: you have to pay for a guitar before they order it. So, if they don't have it on regular shipment, you're going to have to shell out the cash before you even see it. And on your retards working there issue; ask who the guitar tech is. They usually only have one and he's hardly ever out and about in the store.
Quote by Mahabajaba
If they stock LTD odds on you can ask them to order in any ESP/LTD guitar you want. Which is my preferred way of buying a guitar really. You still give the local store your business and you get a new guitar rather than one that has been man-handled in store.

Thanks man

Quote by Braylon G.
I hate guitar center: you have to pay for a guitar before they order it.

Does anyone know if it's the same for guitar guitar? Whether you will have to pay to order?
Quote by whoomit
smoke weed chill an watvch rugrats errday
Thanks for the input fellas, I just found a 5150 for 800 so I may buy it instead lol, but I am definately buying this guitar sooner or later. Hopefully the 5150 is still available, they sell quick.
Um, setup is personal preference.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X