Hi Everyone!
Can anyone recommend any good DVD or book that can help me learn the fretboard?
I have come across a few titles by Rusty Cooley and Matthew Von Doran but which would help me the most?

I know a few scales (pentatonic, major) and notes on the fretboard but I wish to expand my knowledge on it. I am a self-taught guitarist, playing for about 3 years.

Also, do you have any advice on ear training?

All help appreciated!
Hello,

We teach the Notes on the Neck as part of our online Guitar Academy - We have a 100% student success rate, and just to give you an understanding of those course objectives, that determine whether or not someone is a success:

You'll be able to name/recognize any note you are on or go to any named note on the neck, on any string in 2 seconds or less.

If you have any questions I can send you a catalog of the course. Just shoot me a PM.

Best,

Sean
Quote by mielieHobo
Hi Everyone!
Can anyone recommend any good DVD or book that can help me learn the fretboard?
I have come across a few titles by Rusty Cooley and Matthew Von Doran but which would help me the most?

I know a few scales (pentatonic, major) and notes on the fretboard but I wish to expand my knowledge on it. I am a self-taught guitarist, playing for about 3 years.

Also, do you have any advice on ear training?

All help appreciated!

If you are looking for a DVD I found fretboard navigator from Lick Library really useful covering many aspects as CAGED chords across the neck, Harmonizing the major scale using CAGED, and many other aspects.

You have series one and two

Juan
Quote by Sean0913
Hello,

We teach the Notes on the Neck as part of our online Guitar Academy - We have a 100% student success rate, and just to give you an understanding of those course objectives, that determine whether or not someone is a success:

You'll be able to name/recognize any note you are on or go to any named note on the neck, on any string in 2 seconds or less.

If you have any questions I can send you a catalog of the course. Just shoot me a PM.

Best,

Sean

id have to say this is your best bet. Before i took his course i could only name the 65 and 1 string. This is only from using bar chords.

Now i can get 116 right and 16 wrong useing fret board warrior. THe wrongs were either from thumb hitting the wrong button( i useit on my iphone). This stuff works.

Its funny how i was lost on the fret board and now its like duh.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
It's not hard to learn the notes on the fretboard. Go to musictheory.net/exercises and only check OPEN, and the first three frets, then once you're comfortable with those, work on the next four frets up, from 4-7 and so on until you know each block of 4 frets up to the 12th fret.

I recommend two half hour sessions per day with just the open notes and the three frets. Do this for a few days, or maybe a week, then move on to the next four. Don't forget to actually sit down with your guitar as well to make sure that you can recognize them with an actual instrument in your hands as well.