yeah title says pretty much all. I ask because right now im practicing 6 hours a day maybe more. learning stuff and just playing songs or improvising.

I play 6 hours but I don't feel any pressure to do it, only do it because its fun and if my hands or fingers hurt I would stop but they never seem to too much

is it too much? could it be doing me bad for my playing long term?

(sorry if wrong forum diddn't know where to fit it)
Some days I wont play at all, others I'll play for 6 hours. It depends what I have going on / my mood.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
I tried search but nothing came up that answered it

sorry if I have made a duplicate
As long as you aren't hurting yourself and you are having fun, it is never too much.
Join the Guitar Religion
Many days lately I don't play at all, although that's largely due to my 5am-5pm sleeping habits.. when I do play, it's usually for 2-4 hours. If I'm having a "technique" day I'll tend to play for around 6 hours
It depends. If I have time, I'll play for 1-2 hours.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
a lot of days i won't play at all but then i'll play and will go for hours like between 4-7 hours and i'll do that like 3-4 days in a row then i'll stop again for a while.
I must admit, i'm terrible at giving myself a schedule.

I play when i want, i never time myself.

It's a bad habit and it's not very productive......oh well.
I just mess around and run scales really fast. I played alot at first, like a few hours a day. After about a year I got as good as I wanted to be and stopped playing as much. These days I wouldn't say I play more than 1 hour a day.
Quote by Laharl
yeah title says pretty much all. I ask because right now im practicing 6 hours a day maybe more. learning stuff and just playing songs or improvising.

I play 6 hours but I don't feel any pressure to do it, only do it because its fun and if my hands or fingers hurt I would stop but they never seem to too much

is it too much? could it be doing me bad for my playing long term?

(sorry if wrong forum diddn't know where to fit it)

Well are you practicing or playing for that long each day? They're really not the same thing at all.

I don't practice much any more, don't really have the motivation to sit and grind the metronome these days. I'm happy enough with my playing for the most part and I feel like the improvements that I want to make can be better made through diligent application of the right ideas while playing rather than by direct practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i play guitar as a recreational activity, i dont see it as a chore, so i dont like to call it practicing, just playing, and I rack up about 10 hours a week
on average... probably 0

i mean if you enjoy it, and you're not hurting yourself, then go for it. But don't feel you have to practise that much. There's no law or anything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Far less than I should.
I can tell you though, the amount you're practising, you're wasting your time. Any more than three hours roughly is a waste of time. You stop learning enough to make it worth your time after that.