I'm thinking of getting one, but I dont have the money for a power amp at the moment, so would I be able to just play it direct to my cab for now?
i have plugged the headphone out of my pod into a cab before. it was relatively quiet, but it worked. although, after doing it for a while i started smelling a burning smell coming from inside my pod. i hurried up and unplugged it and never did it again. so, will it work? probably. is it a good idea? i dont think so.

best solution, use some powered computer speakers. they wont sound amazing, but they will work until you get a power amp
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Do you have any amp at all?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
i just tried it, through the live out, you barely get any volume, but through the headphones out, it works and it gets pretty loud. It sounds horrible though, everything becomes very bassy and muddy.
Headphones usually have a minimum impedance of 32 ohms. I wouldn't run a cab on that. Also headphone outputs compensate for not having a guitar cab hooked up. That compensation will knock off the highs making it muddy.
Do you have an amp? Or do you just have a cab?
Quote by kutless999
Do you have an amp? Or do you just have a cab?

I have a Marshall MG100 Combo which I connect to the cab currently
When I use the rp355 with my cube, i connect it via an aux cable to the cube and it sounds alot better than if I connect it via guitar cable. By connecting it that way, it bypases the amp and goes direct to the speaker. It might not be loud enough for you though. You can always connect it that way.
I tried it through a Mesa Roadster today and it seemed to work fine so I bought it