Had a minor stroke while driving. Was pretty much like he zoned out and no waking him up from it even though his eyes were open. I reached over and grabbed the wheel but there was no way to avoid hitting a car ( ran red light at busy intersection). Ended up t boning a woman. She seemed to be ok but was a little confused after accident so went to hospital. I pray that she's ok. My fathers sitting in hospital tonight, they are trying to figure out what's happening with his brain. But man all three of us could of been killed, both cars are totaled, we were going around 40 when he hit her. It didn't really hit me till a few hours after the accident just what could of been if we hadn't been so lucky. Guess what I'm trying to say is cherish the people you love, you never know what's going to happen.

Have to fight tears almost every other minute thinking about what if I had lost my father.

Thought I walked away clean till a little while ago. Don't remember slamming into anything, was too focused on trying to steer from passenger seat, and then looking back and seeing the car we hit and running to make sure they were ok. As bad as the hit was, I was scared to hell that my father had killed someone. Tboned em right between th front and back driver side doors, very hard. Cop told me afterwards if ya hit a car on the side that's the strongest place to hit them.

I always thought that nonsense of time slowing down when in crazy situations was bull crap. Turns out it's not. The last 10 feet before impact took forever.

In any case, got a sore knee, shoulder, and weirdly between my thumb and pointer finger on left hand. All inconsequential compared to what could of been.

When you parents get older, make them get checked out. My father is super stubborn, and trying to make him get seriously checked out was a war, one I finally gave up on cause it caused so much animosity. Wish I had kept on fighting. Better an angry father then a dead one. Luckily I was saved that horror, but man it sure could of happened. We hit that woman freaking hard.

Sigh, I keep hoping I'll wake up and this is just a nightmare.

But never meant this as a sympathy thread. Just a reminder of how fast we can lose the people we love.

I'm sure the woman he hit will be ok, there's probably some after affects that fathers insurance will hopefully cover, but considering just how freaking hard he hit her, I'm surprised she walked away as well as she did. No visible injuries, no blood, no screaming. All of which I expected as I ran to her car. I'm praying that in the end she walks away un scathed. Hoping the cunfusion was just cause she wasn't expecting it. Not because of any fear of lawsuit, but hate the idea of my father hurting someone, it's everything he's fought against. Merchant marine during Vietnam, cop during Detroit riots ( the corruption is what made him leave the force). He got lucky and him and his brother opened a bar, and after a ton of hard work, they became successful. And then he'd loan just about anybody money, knowing he'd never get it back. He sold it years ago, but he still does stuff like that. Jobs I'd do easily for free, he grabs tradesmen to do it. He's just like that. If he had to live knowing he seriously hurt some one or killed someone would destroy him.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
Pretty late to make a thread about your birth.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Pretty late to make a thread about your birth.

dude, not cool.

sorry to hear that TS.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by dragoro
My condolences for you not being able to read.

Dragoro; education: "some college".
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jul 26, 2011,
Could have. Not could of. COULD HAVE.

But yeah, you were very lucky that you're both alright. I'm sure it must have been a terrible experience.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by dragoro
...Ended up t boning a woman. She seemed to be ok but was a little confused after...

Hope you used protection.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by ZanasCross
1st grade up through 5th grade, the cool kids always sat in the back of the bus, so I never understood why Black people were so upset, I thought we were telling them they were cool.
Pitmonkeys can be such cvnts at times lol you have to laugh

Glad you are both okay dude...hope your dad makes a speedy recovery. Horrible thing to happen.
TS, I hope your dad gets better and that everyone unsympathetic in this thread get banned
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Pitmonkeys can be such cvnts at times lol you have to laugh

Glad you are both okay dude...hope your dad makes a speedy recovery. Horrible thing to happen.

lol cvnts? You meant cunts right?
Don't mess up.

You should have really posted this in the Hugging Thread, some people here aren't that compassionate but there is a safe haven for things of this nature. I'm glad you, your father and that woman are okay. Just take care of yourself.

STಠ_ಠ
*shoots capitalist dog for not fulfilling djuty given by mighty USSR*

Such is life, in Soviet Russia.

Whoa man, sorry to here about that. Hope your dad is OK.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Pretty deep bro, I'm sure your rush of adrenaline during fight or flight really put you on your toes. Thats why your coming down so hard now, and also probably why you started the thread because the emotions are really gonna hit you harder, espcially after you see the vehicles again, or your dad.

My condolences, consider yourself and everyone else involved in the accident lucky.

You should also get your hand and legs looked at if they are a little sore. It may seem like nothing, but it is fairly common for people to sustain severe injuries during a car crash and not even know it, just because of the adrenaline, or "fight or flight."
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Wow man. Shorty after reading this I had to drive my dad to the ER. Not as severe, he's got glass in his eye, but still. Sucks.

But hopefully your dad turns out ok. Your situation is much worse
Last edited by SeveralSpecies at Jul 26, 2011,
I'm really sorry to hear about that man. I hope everyone is alright

And f*ck all the people that are being dicks about it in this thread. You'd think that people would act mature in a situation like this...
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Last edited by shredibanez24 at Jul 26, 2011,
It hurts me to even think about such a thing. Thanks for sharing, TS. Some people think lives come and go like they're objectively insignificant, but from an individual's point of view, some lives are the only things that matter to you and are of upmost significance to you.

Hope you all return to your day-to-day routines with a more enlightened spirit, TS.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Thanks for the kind words.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
sorry to hear that. my dads the same way of being stubborn and refusing to go to the doctor. I definitely know how that feels. I hope everythings ok with your dad. strokes are scary, scary things. good work on grabbing the wheel.
#DTWD

There needs to be some Sheriff John Bunnell commentary up in this shit.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by dragoro
Had a minor stroke while driving. Was pretty much like he zoned out and no waking him up from it even though his eyes were open. I reached over and grabbed the wheel but there was no way to avoid hitting a car ( ran red light at busy intersection). Ended up t boning a woman. She seemed to be ok but was a little confused after accident so went to hospital. I pray that she's ok. My fathers sitting in hospital tonight, they are trying to figure out what's happening with his brain. But man all three of us could of been killed, both cars are totaled, we were going around 40 when he hit her. It didn't really hit me till a few hours after the accident just what could of been if we hadn't been so lucky. Guess what I'm trying to say is cherish the people you love, you never know what's going to happen.

Have to fight tears almost every other minute thinking about what if I had lost my father.

Thought I walked away clean till a little while ago. Don't remember slamming into anything, was too focused on trying to steer from passenger seat, and then looking back and seeing the car we hit and running to make sure they were ok. As bad as the hit was, I was scared to hell that my father had killed someone. Tboned em right between th front and back driver side doors, very hard. Cop told me afterwards if ya hit a car on the side that's the strongest place to hit them.

I always thought that nonsense of time slowing down when in crazy situations was bull crap. Turns out it's not. The last 10 feet before impact took forever.

In any case, got a sore knee, shoulder, and weirdly between my thumb and pointer finger on left hand. All inconsequential compared to what could of been.

When you parents get older, make them get checked out. My father is super stubborn, and trying to make him get seriously checked out was a war, one I finally gave up on cause it caused so much animosity. Wish I had kept on fighting. Better an angry father then a dead one. Luckily I was saved that horror, but man it sure could of happened. We hit that woman freaking hard.

Sigh, I keep hoping I'll wake up and this is just a nightmare.

But never meant this as a sympathy thread. Just a reminder of how fast we can lose the people we love.

I'm sure the woman he hit will be ok, there's probably some after affects that fathers insurance will hopefully cover, but considering just how freaking hard he hit her, I'm surprised she walked away as well as she did. No visible injuries, no blood, no screaming. All of which I expected as I ran to her car. I'm praying that in the end she walks away un scathed. Hoping the cunfusion was just cause she wasn't expecting it. Not because of any fear of lawsuit, but hate the idea of my father hurting someone, it's everything he's fought against. Merchant marine during Vietnam, cop during Detroit riots ( the corruption is what made him leave the force). He got lucky and him and his brother opened a bar, and after a ton of hard work, they became successful. And then he'd loan just about anybody money, knowing he'd never get it back. He sold it years ago, but he still does stuff like that. Jobs I'd do easily for free, he grabs tradesmen to do it. He's just like that. If he had to live knowing he seriously hurt some one or killed someone would destroy him.

Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"