Page 1 of 2
I had such phenomena last night whilst listening to a Pink Floyd playlist in bed... I had fallen asleep in the middle of 'Echoes' and distinctly remember waking up by the start of 'Time' and seeing my reflection going berserk in the screen of my digital radio/alarm clock!

I mean, what the hell? I was pretty still trying to go to sleep but my reflection just wasn't, it was pulling horrible faces and flailing its arms around like crazy! I watched it for a good five seconds before I sat up and as soon as I did, I felt my nose starting to bleed so I rushed to the bathroom to tidy myself up and stop the bleeding. When I looked in the mirror my eyes were completely blank like they'd rolled to the back of my head or something... It was seriously terrifying so I basically had to just stop looking at the mirror before going to bed with cotton wool stuck inside my right nostril...

I know for sure I wasn't dreaming because I found blood on my sheets this morning.

Has anything like this ever happend to any of you guys, or am I going insane?
have you been eating alkaline batteries?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and see Tarantulas or some form of massive spider in my bed or on my person..

I usually freak out and jump out of bed half screaming.
That shit TERRIFIES me.
THIS IS A LARGE DISTRACTING SIGNATURE.
Quote by I am wet
have you been eating alkaline batteries?

Or been licking the lead plates in a car battery.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by AliceinChains10
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and see Tarantulas or some form of massive spider in my bed or on my person..

That shit TERRIFIES me.

the same thing happens to me, only it's a snake. but then i realize it's just my weenie.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Hallucinations sometimes occur when you wake up in Sleep Paralysis. But idk. were the hallucinations happening while you were moving?

Maybe it was a dream but you had a bloody nose irl and it influenced your dreams.
Last edited by trollface5 at Jul 26, 2011,
Quote by trollface5
Hallucinations sometimes occur when you wake up in Sleep Paralysis. But idk. were the hallucinations happening while you were moving?

I wasn't moving when I saw my reflection start to dance, but I was totally moving when I looked into my bathroom mirror.
I just woke up from this awful nap where the whole dream was me not being able to wake up. I would try to pull my eyelids open and scream , but I'd just fall asleep again..
I've had a history with sleep paralysis but this was different because I could move in the dream , I just couldn't tell if I was in reality or the dream world..

I felt so relieved when I actually woke up......... or am I still dreaming??
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Ive had something some what similar happen to me, except I woke up in the middle of my dream without hallucinations and was paralyzed, and when i tried to move it hurt so bad.
I've had Sleep Paralysis before. I didn't get any form of hallucination but was absolutely terrified during it for some reason
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Its the ghost of Syd Barrett telling you to move on.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by AliceinChains10

That shit TERRIFIES me.

I had a lizard for about 6 years and a lot of it's food would randonly escape from the tank. I would sometimes find locusts/crickets or beetles in my bed.

Not cool man... not cool at all.
Quote by Casketcreep
I had a lizard for about 6 years and a lot of it's food would randonly escape from the tank. I would sometimes find locusts/crickets or beetles in my bed.

Not cool man... not cool at all.

I would actually freak if that happened...
My bed HAS to be an insect free zone. Any insect who enters my realm must fear my wrath.
THIS IS A LARGE DISTRACTING SIGNATURE.
http://www.sadanduseless.com/animation.php?n=366

Sometimes see this running around my neighbors yard until it looks into my eyes and runs into the park across the street.

The fact that there's weird food remains in the park didn't help. (until I found the tents back in the woods. Homeless live there.)
Quote by Alkaline 64
I wasn't moving when I saw my reflection start to dance, but I was totally moving when I looked into my bathroom mirror.

The hallucinations might have still been there or your mind could've just been playing tricks on you since you just woke up.
Another dream thread.

There's so many, but so darn interesting.

Sometimes when you hang your head down too much you could get a nosebleed. The weird reflection and the glazed eyes is probably just an symptom of sleep paralysis.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by trollface5
The hallucinations might have still been there or your mind could've just been playing tricks on you since you just woke up.

I know I must have been hallucinating, its not the first time I've had something this strange occur after 'waking up'. It's dosen't get any less scary though.
Once I woke up and saw my brothers head poking through my partly open door.

A little while ago I half woke up and saw my cat sitting in front of me looking at something behind me. I tried to move but I was paralyzed. Something started attacking my leg and pulling on it so I tried really hard to move. I managed to move one of my legs and it woke me up fully.

A few days ago I had sleep paralysis 3 times in one morning. Nothing happened but on one of them I got myself to roll over and stand up, but then I woke up and was still laying down. I don't know if those were just dreams or actual sleep paralysis
Quote by Wisthekiller

Sometimes see this running around my neighbors yard until it looks into my eyes and runs into the park across the street.

The fact that there's weird food remains in the park didn't help. (until I found the tents back in the woods. Homeless live there.)

If I saw that thing I'd probably curl up into a small heap and start sucking my thumb.
I have a really weird one. I'm pretty certain I was awake when it happened thoguh I'm not sure. I think I was awake, I heard this noise in my room, that woke me up, I saw this red point of light floating in the air, looked like the end of a cigarette, I turned on my tv for some light, to see, then, the red light swooped down, I felt an almighty slap across my face, then I woke up again, with the tv on still, and a handprint on my face, either my mind created an ultra real dream and managed to manifest itself in the handprint on my face (which also stung like a bitch) or I got happy slapped by a freaking ghost.
Quote by DaveM666
I have a really weird one. I'm pretty certain I was awake when it happened thoguh I'm not sure. I think I was awake, I heard this noise in my room, that woke me up, I saw this red point of light floating in the air, looked like the end of a cigarette, I turned on my tv for some light, to see, then, the red light swooped down, I felt an almighty slap across my face, then I woke up again, with the tv on still, and a handprint on my face, either my mind created an ultra real dream and managed to manifest itself in the handprint on my face (which also stung like a bitch) or I got happy slapped by a freaking ghost.

Or your mom thought you were fapping and slapped you
Don't mess up.
Quote by Alkaline 64
I had such phenomena last night whilst listening to a Pink Floyd playlist in bed... I had fallen asleep in the middle of 'Echoes' and distinctly remember waking up by the start of 'Time' and seeing my reflection going berserk in the screen of my digital radio/alarm clock!

I mean, what the hell? I was pretty still trying to go to sleep but my reflection just wasn't, it was pulling horrible faces and flailing its arms around like crazy! I watched it for a good five seconds before I sat up and as soon as I did, I felt my nose starting to bleed so I rushed to the bathroom to tidy myself up and stop the bleeding. When I looked in the mirror my eyes were completely blank like they'd rolled to the back of my head or something... It was seriously terrifying so I basically had to just stop looking at the mirror before going to bed with cotton wool stuck inside my right nostril...

Easily explained.

You had a shitty acid trip.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Where's that gif from?
Quote by AliceinChains10

That shit TERRIFIES me.

the SAME thing happens to me! i see huge spiders crawling either on the ceiling or through the door way and it scares the crap out of me! soo wierd
Quote by AliceinChains10

That shit TERRIFIES me.

Yep I get that too; it's actually quite common.

There's a stage right when you wake up where you are still dreaming but awake at the same time and it only lasts for a few seconds. This can lead to hallucinations that last for a few seconds; and the most common type is seeing spiders or other insects.

That could also explain what happened to TS.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Jul 26, 2011,
Quote by HitTheLights81
Or your mom thought you were fapping and slapped you

I doubt it, would be one hell of a slap, I was living 200 miles away at the time
Quote by DaveM666
I doubt it, would be one hell of a slap, I was living 200 miles away at the time

A mother gains the power to do stuff like that once the young cub leaves the herd.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Alkaline 64

I know for sure I wasn't dreaming because I found blood on my sheets this morning.

Has anything like this ever happend to any of you guys, or am I going insane?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
^ I'm sure there is a completely logical reason for what happend. I just don't want to go to sleep now.
Quote by Alkaline 64
^ I'm sure there is a completely logical reason for what happend. I just don't want to go to sleep now.

It's perfectly natural. It can't hurt you. (From what I know of though.)
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Alkaline 64

Well yes, the link shows that what happened to you was normal and you're not on acid.

Now get your dummy and go back to bed.
Quote by AliceinChains10

That shit TERRIFIES me.

this happens to me all the time, i'll see a black spider on my wall like the size of my head
Quote by Duffman123
Well yes, the link shows that what happened to you was normal and you're not on acid.

Now get your dummy and go back to bed.

I'm joking dude, I wont have any problems sleeping tonight.

I've just finished downloading the film 'Insidious' though, so I could be wrong.
Quote by Alkaline 64
I'm joking dude, I wont have any problems sleeping tonight.

I've just finished downloading the film 'Insidious' though, so I could be wrong.

I was joking as well.

When it happens to me it scares the crap of me.
I once hallucinated someone bringing me a cup of tea up for me at god knows what time in the morning, I had a bad case of sleep paralysis too so each time I tried to thank the random girl I could only just breath the words out.

I was disappointed that there wasn't a brew there when I could finally move.
Quote by JustPhil
I once hallucinated someone bringing me a cup of tea up for me at god knows what time in the morning, I had a bad case of sleep paralysis too so each time I tried to thank the random girl I could only just breath the words out.

What a wonderful yet horrible experience.
Quote by JustPhil

Lucky... every sleep induced hallucination I've had so far has been demonic and horrible.

Well, there was this one time where I woke up and saw Ja Ja Binks sailing down the electrical wire that's in front of my house... that was pretty cool, but it still ended all horrible and demonic.
Page 1 of 2