So how exactly do I hook a cab to an amp head? I'm meant to use a "speaker cable", could someone link me to an example, and how much they run for?

Thanks, sorry for being clueless here. Never owned a halfstack before.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/speaker-cables?_requestid=1395066

You can find speaker cables in most any music store. They look nearly identical to guitar cables, but never use a guitar cable to connect an amp to a speaker!

A speaker cable handles more current and is thicker and not shielded, so the conductors do not heat up and short together.

Also, never turn on your amp without the speaker cab plugged in to it!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by PetetheIII
So how exactly do I hook a cab to an amp head? I'm meant to use a "speaker cable", could someone link me to an example, and how much they run for?

Thanks, sorry for being clueless here. Never owned a halfstack before.

to tell truth, the way i tell 'speaker' cable from 'guitar' cables is reading the cable. i have only seen a couple speaker cables that don't have 'speaker cable' printed on the black sheath on the outside of the cable (out of the thousands of speaker cables i have run across, only a few haven't been labeled as such). guitar cords (or patch cables, or whatever) are labeled as 'instrument cable', but they are labeled less often and are sometimes braided so that there is no place to label the cable.

the way i treat it, i will only use a speaker cable that says 'speaker cable' written on the cord, else i automatically assume it is an instrument cable. it any easy fail safe that makes sure you aren't using the wrong cable.

[/rant]

you hook that speaker cable from the 'speaker out' jack on your amp to the jack on the cabinet. if your cabinet has 2 jacks then:

-one may say 'mono' and the other say something like 'stereo (R)'. use the mono jack to plug into.

-it may just have 2 jacks and it doesn't say anything special about the jacks. then you can use either jack, doesn't matter.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae