So I'm sure everyone has noticed pickups can well. Pick up some interesting things sometimes. So I decided since my computer speakers suck, I would play my mp3 through the guitar pickups and out the amplifier. Am I endanger of injuring my gear this way?
You shouldn't be putting magnets near your MP3 player anyways... I say don't do it, buy some speakers that were made for the job.
Well the magnets aren't near the mp3 player itself, just the ear pieces.
Well think about what you're doing. It's a bit ridiculous. What is your amp? Doesn't it at least have an MP3-in jack?
No, it doesn't. It's a Marshall MB30.
That is the bass guitar flavor of the MG isn't it? I'd say just keep doing it.
Yeah it is. Hence me not being TOO worried about it. Obviously I'd rather not break anything but... and I do intend to get some decent speakers at some point. This is just a quick fix as I'm in the mood for loud music