I need a suggestion here, I really need a multi-effects pedal that can simulate amps and record straight to my computer, has built in drum patterns (the more the better), has an expression pedal, and a looper is a bonus but not necessary. This would need to be as cheap as possible but not over $300. I have a Vox ToneLab ST, but it just isn't meeting my needs anymore.
The digitech rp355 can record straight to a computer via a USB cable, has a 20 sec looper, and has 60 drum patterns.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I forgot to mention I have had bad experience in the past with DigiTech so would prefer other options.
What have you owned from digitech? Their newer mfx units have greatly improved over their old ones.
been a long time but was probably an rp50. Digitech isn't off the table, but I definitely would like alternatives to consider.
There's also the zoom g3: synced drum patterns and a 40 sec looper. You can aloe record direct to a computer via USB cable.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 26, 2011,
Digitech GNX4 Workstation has all that and the drum patterns can be sim'd by different kits and can be edited and created via the software.

Its a bit older now but I've had mine for many years and with all the user created patches available the tones can be pretty great IMHO.

I'd imagine you could get one used these days for ~$200USD
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461493
He just got the zoom g3 a couple weeks ago and he really likes it. The clips are all from the zoom g3.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 26, 2011,
Why do you need drum patterns in a MFX unit? Sure its fun to play around with, but you ain't gonna be able to record something decent with the drum patterns in it.

Buy something like EZ Drummer for your recording interface, save up a bit more, then replace your Vox Tonelab with a better MFX unit like a POD HD.

Quote by Syriel
Why do you need drum patterns in a MFX unit? Sure its fun to play around with, but you ain't gonna be able to record something decent with the drum patterns in it.

Buy something like EZ Drummer for your recording interface, save up a bit more, then replace your Vox Tonelab with a better MFX unit like a POD HD.

I already have EZ Drummer, and this is just for fun that I want the drum patterns on my MFX - I record when I practice, and I like practicing with drum machines instead of metronomes.
Quote by katalyzt13
I already have EZ Drummer, and this is just for fun that I want the drum patterns on my MFX - I record when I practice, and I like practicing with drum machines instead of metronomes.

I agree with the guy above advising you to get something like a Pod HD and just leave drums up to EZdrummer.
You know..you can connect the Pod HD to your computer and use it as an audio interface.. that way you'll be able to get the drums from ezdrummer through the Pod if you just start them on your computer.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
The Digitech GNX4 and the Zoom G3 are the only multifx that can use drums with the looper. If you want to use a looper and drums together, then you must have one of those two, or buy a looper and put drum patterns in it.

There is nothing wrong with Digitech products. The RP355 has a drum machine and it's a good unit. But you can't use the looper with the drums. The Zoom G3 doesn't have an expression pedal, but the $30 M-Audio EX-P works with it. So you just need to add $30 to the price.

The first 3 clips in my profile use the G3's looper and drums.
Quote by Shor

You know..you can connect the Pod HD to your computer and use it as an audio interface.. that way you'll be able to get the drums from ezdrummer through the Pod if you just start them on your computer.

This is your best bet TS.