I'm curious to know what differences and pros/cons people see between the current EVH-branded Wolfgang and Wolfgang Special (Japan) models, and the similar models that came out under the Music Man brand, as well as Peavey. Is the sound and feel of these very similar?
I own a music man Axis....Awesome guitar. It's the very style EVH uses. Great action and tone. This guitar can do anything. It's light and the neck is silky smooth. The one con on this guitar is that the neck position pickup is a bit too strong for Rhythm. I swapped it out. Still I love it. Music man guitars are very quality guitars.

The other guitarist in my band Has a peavy EVH (american) Good guitar. Wouldn't put it in the same class with the first though.

I really hope this helps
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Last edited by Picksqueal72 at Jul 27, 2011,
Well; I can't speak for the overseas-made Peavey and EVH models, but as for the American-made guitars, Eddie played all of them. Since he can play whatever he wants, he obviously thought they were all good. A number of articles appeared in the trades detailing how he obsessed over every detail of the EVH guitar before signing off on it, and the ones I've seen are extremely well made. They'd better be for what they cost. Music Man's quality is legendary; you're basically getting a semi-custom guitar as they don't crank them out the way a lot of other manufacturers do. Peavey's custom shop can hold its own with the best of them, and the redesigned HP version of the Wolfgang is a fantastic guitar.

In short, all of the American-made versions are fine guitars and will serve you well. If Eddie and Fender put as much effort into the EVH guitar as is claimed, then it is probably the best of the lot - but not by much.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
The only one I've ever played is an EBMM. Personally, I really disliked them. The body was very chunky and I just couldn't get it to sit right. I found it very uncomfortable.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
The only one I've ever played is an EBMM. Personally, I really disliked them. The body was very chunky and I just couldn't get it to sit right. I found it very uncomfortable.

Body CHUNKY??? It's practically the smallest (normal) guitar I've ever seen...
Here, compare it to the eclipse next to it. It has the same short scale, yet you can see how much smaller the body is. And compared to the super strats it's ridiculously small.

Dude, if you call that chunky, what are you playing? A friggin ukelele?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Body CHUNKY??? It's practically the smallest (normal) guitar I've ever seen...
Here, compare it to the eclipse next to it. It has the same short scale, yet you can see how much smaller the body is. And compared to the super strats it's ridiculously small.

Dude, if you call that chunky, what are you playing? A friggin ukelele?

I didn't mean size wise. It's quite hard to explain. It's like really boxy and square. It might just be because it's contoured very differently to a Stratocaster. Which is all I seem to play.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
I didn't mean size wise. It's quite hard to explain. It's like really boxy and square. It might just be because it's contoured very differently to a Stratocaster. Which is all I seem to play.

Oh yeah, that is true. It doesn't have the right arm cuttaway a strat has. But that's the case for the Peavey and EVH models too.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Oh yeah, that is true. It doesn't have the right arm cuttaway a strat has. But that's the case for the Peavey and EVH models too.

It's a shame, because they are very pretty guitars.
Well, if you're not used to it, it might be a shame. I don't notice the lack of a forearm cutaway, so for me there isn't anything lacking.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by CrazyPigeon

The sit right part, totally feel ya there.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
i have two peavey wolfgangs. one USA other i don't remember where. paid $400 for one and $300 for the import.

i bought them over the fender EVH wolfgang i love my peavey wolfgang, and they are a quarter of the price of the fender models. the peavey model has great pickups, better than any of my gibson pickups for what i am doing but (i have pretty much every gibson pickup made). trem on the import is great. the USA is one of the best built guitars i have ever played, comparable with my gibsons and two ibanez prestiges (2570EVSL and 3550MZ). great guitars.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/