Ok, so tonight I think instead of playing through my 2x12 Fender ultimate Chorus to practice, i thought maybe I can try to fix my half stack and make it loud. Lol

My half-stack is a Crate GX412R cab and a FW120H

I switch the ohms to 4 on the back of the cab. It was really loud at the music shop when I bought the half stack used. BTW one of the speakers is blown when I bought it but they ran some head through the cab and on 2 it was SUPER loud. I was wondering why my head isn't making it scream?

Anymore details you need just ask, i would love to fix this and start using it for our gigs
why did you switch the ohms at all? is that what your speakers are rated for?

the amp head at the shop was probably much more powerful.
Quote by 00_hns_00
why did you switch the ohms at all? is that what your speakers are rated for?

the amp head at the shop was probably much more powerful.

Yeah man, I didn't mean 'switch' as in actually switching it... i havent touched the ohms, at the shop it was on 4 ohms . And i believe that is what the Flexwave is rated for, if anyone can check Id appreciate it cause I couldn't really find out if it was or not
Quote by ethan_hanus
So you bought a half stack with a blown speaker? I think you might need a new speaker. If a speaker blows, the ohms change.

Thanks, I didn't know that, maybe I'll invest in one
uhhh, you may want to change all of them, unless you like using different speakers to blend tones.
Quote by 00_hns_00
uhhh, you may want to change all of them, unless you like using different speakers to blend tones.

of course i will, i don't know the conditions of the others, so i'll just buy 4 new celetion speakerss and change them all
nah, don't do celestion.

look at weber. they are amazing. try looking at their blue dogs and silver bells, thats what i put in my fender, and i love them.
Quote by ethan_hanus
It's not a tube amp, it's a SS modeler amp, from what I could gather.
It's not a modeler either. The Flexwave is an analog solid state head (with DSP effects).

Quote by Thethingading
I would love to fix this and start using it for our gigs
The only way you can fix it so it's usable for gigs is sell it and get a new amp. My rhythm guitarist used to own one, and while it sounded decent (for a SS; it has the same preamp circuit as the Ampeg VH140c, the greatest SS ever made aside from the JC120), it was truly the biggest piece of shit amp I've ever encountered. One day he had the volume on it maxed and it couldn't compete with my amp on 1 (no, the mids weren't scooped). Eventually it started doing weird ass shit like channels changing by themselves, volume slowly fading out, and effects staying on no matter what. He sent it back and exchanged it for a Dime D100 (Randall RG100 clone), which he clean-boosts with a Boss MT-2.

So yeah. If you want to actually do any form of gigging you'd best just get a new amp altogether. A decent 50w tube head will outperform that Flexwave by far in terms of sound quality and volume.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
It's not a modeler either. The Flexwave is an analog solid state head (with DSP effects).

The only way you can fix it so it's usable for gigs is sell it and get a new amp. My rhythm guitarist used to own one, and while it sounded decent (for a SS; it has the same preamp circuit as the Ampeg VH140c, the greatest SS ever made aside from the JC120), it was truly the biggest piece of shit amp I've ever encountered. One day he had the volume on it maxed and it couldn't compete with my amp on 1 (no, the mids weren't scooped). Eventually it started doing weird ass shit like channels changing by themselves, volume slowly fading out, and effects staying on no matter what. He sent it back and exchanged it for a Dime D100 (Randall RG100 clone), which he clean-boosts with a Boss MT-2.

So yeah. If you want to actually do any form of gigging you'd best just get a new amp altogether. A decent 50w tube head will outperform that Flexwave by far in terms of sound quality and volume.

Actually, I was gonna think about selling it. So I can get my money back for the head because I used it maybe 2 times and never has been damaged in anyway. And try to sell that cab for $100 or something. Then just take that money and save up for another halfstack if I ever need one

My fender ultimate chorus 2x12 is insane. I bought that used for $390 and there is nothing wrong with it. It sounds great for all of our shows
Quote by 00_hns_00
keep the cab, and upgrade the speakers.

sell the head, and buy a tube head.
This.

Sell the head and get a Jet City JCA50h or a used Peavey XXX/Ultra. Continue to play through your current cab until you save enough money, then replace the speakers with Eminence Red Coat Governors. While the cab itself is decent, the speakers are garbage. Also get new speaker cables. The ones shipped with the Flexwave by default are not suitable for tube heads.