Page 1 of 2
So I don't know if you guys have been following my music over in the recordings thread or not but I'm doing music for a couple games. A game designer bet me that I can't get 600 twitter followers in 60 days. He's probably right, but let's prove him wrong. Follow this page and I'll follow you. You can also stay tuned to updates on the games I'm doing music for. I just launched that page today so she's still fresh. Follow it and I'll follow you. I don't care who you are. We'll both look a little more popular.

http://twitter.com/#!/Ang3lCityOutlaw

On another note. Do you think that Twitter is at all a useful means for musicians networking? If you use it, does it help spread good music across the land? Or does it do little less than jack shit? I always thought of this thing as nothing more than a celebrity gossip thing.....
Last edited by CSMusic at Jul 26, 2011,
lol 0 followers...

Sorry i woul;d follow you but i like having more followers than following
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
this seems a bit unethical, TS.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
If I get 600 I win 100$. I want to see if it's actually possible to get that many 2 months. I also want to network with more musicians and we can spread awesome tunes throughout the land.
I could care less if I actually win the money but I like challenges.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
So...no gain for me. Nope.

You get another follower.
Quote by Guitarist132
lol 0 followers...

Sorry i woul;d follow you but i like having more followers than following

You follow me and I follow you. Break even.
did you have to double post twice... in three minutes?

oh, now you triple posted -_-
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

LIGHTEN UP!!! This is just a friendly bet and experiment. It's also a way to network. I don't see what's unethical about it at all. Plus, it wasn't me who put forth the bet. If I'm going to use this account, may as well try to make some twitter pals from sites I hang out on.

Plus I'm not really a greedy guy so even if by some stroke of luck I won the bet, I doubt I'd have the heart to take the cash.
Last edited by CSMusic at Jul 26, 2011,
using the internet to win a bet isn't unethical, but getting people to follow you on twitter most certainly is. and that's still no excuse for posting several times in a row.
Man people get a f****** grip you losers, he's making a fun wager, jeez if you dont wanna follow him dont comment, i would follow you man, but i dont use twitter, i dont think its any good, keep rocking
Quote by CoCoPoPz
Man people get a f****** grip you losers, he's making a fun wager, jeez if you dont wanna follow him dont comment, i would follow you man, but i dont use twitter, i dont think its any good, keep rocking

No need for harsh words now.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by CoCoPoPz

oh i see, you're new here. and for the record, making silly comments actually does help of course:

more posts > the more posts there are in a thread, the more it will be viewed
recent posts > in the forum, it displays the most recent poster. chances are, if someone sees a post from someone they know, they're more likely to view the thread.

and the more people that view the thread, the more people will help.
If I can make you $100 bucks, I'll do it. I'll make a twitter just for this purpose, as I don't have one

Edit: Hey you're from Alberta too. What's up?
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by theogonia777
using the internet to win a bet isn't unethical, but getting people to follow you on twitter most certainly is. and that's still no excuse for posting several times in a row.

If they follow they follow. If they don't they don't. I'm not forcing people to do anything. The internet is used by people from all corners of the globe. There are many people out there who put out amazing artwork, music etc. and some people are just fans who want to listen or see cool stuff. I'm willing to follow everyone who follows me because if I'm asking them to follow me and check out my music, it's only fair that I take interest in their skills too. This isn't facebook where people add up a shit load of people they don't know to make it look like they have thousands of friends.

If it's unethical to say "hey, follow my Twitter and i'll follow yours!" It's equally unethical to say "hey guys! add my UG profile up!" or "Let our bands be myspace friends!" If they don't want to be your UG, Myspace etc. friend, the beauty of it is, they don't have to be.
Quote by chaos13
If I can make you $100 bucks, I'll do it. I'll make a twitter just for this purpose, as I don't have one

Edit: Hey you're from Alberta too. What's up?

Oh no I'm double posting again...

As for what's up in Alberta. Rain at the moment here in RD. Well, it just cleared up a bit. Seems like all it does is rain these days.
You COULDN'T care less. For the love of god get it right.
You are now one of my favourite americans
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by wizards?
I just like proper grammer

you best be making a joke there...
Quote by wizards?
I just like proper grammer

Don't you mean....GRAMMAR? Lol
Quote by CSMusic
Oh no I'm double posting again...

As for what's up in Alberta. Rain at the moment here in RD. Well, it just cleared up a bit. Seems like all it does is rain these days.

Double posting is unnecessary and retarded, and it can lead you to get warned (I think). So yeah.
And no, no help from me
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
What kind of games are you involved with? Is it tailored scoring or is it more simple than that? Are you involved in the sync of the music?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
What kind of games are you involved with? Is it tailored scoring or is it more simple than that? Are you involved in the sync of the music?

The first is a dutch Medieval social type game.

The newest one is a fighting game I have a chance to do some music for. One of the guys who is making it is the one who made this fun little side wager about getting 600 Twitter pals. Obviously that's probably impossible for me to get but hey, it's worth a shot. Basically I write the music to fit certain parts of the game. Menu screens, battles etc. Then record it and all that.

The games are not finished and they probably won't be blockbuster titles but hey it's a start right?

Id help you but that requires me making a twitter page so enjoy a freindly bump.

No probs. A friendly bump lets me know ya care and makes me feel good inside.
Quote by CSMusic
The first is a dutch Medieval social type game.

The newest one is a fighting game I have a chance to do some music for. One of the guys who is making it is the one who made this fun little side wager about getting 600 Twitter pals. Obviously that's probably impossible for me to get but hey, it's worth a shot. Basically I write the music to fit certain parts of the game. Menu screens, battles etc. Then record it and all that.

The games are not finished and they probably won't be blockbuster titles but hey it's a start right?

What I meant was is this a console game or a web game or something else? And how you are scoring for the game stylistically, technically, software, etc and if you're involved in implementing the music in the sound engine (if there is one).

I'm studying film/game scoring so I'm interested in how others are doing it.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
What I meant was is this a console game or a web game or something else? And how you are scoring for the game stylistically, technically, software, etc and if you're involved in implementing the music in the sound engine (if there is one).

I'm studying film/game scoring so I'm interested in how others are doing it.

Oh, the first is a web game yes. The other one I'm doing is for Iphone. But make no mistake....this is looking like a real badass iphone game. Top notch artwork and graphics.

The medieval one is orchestral stuff so lots of samplers. I was using Miroslav, but I plan to upgrade the tracks to East West's Symphonic Orchestra.

The fighting one will use a mix of styles but it mostly depends on the area. It's influenced by games like Street Fighter and Tekken but of course classic Bruce Lee movies too.

As far as software goes I have Toxic III, Nexus, Massive, FM 8, Poizone, a TON of soundfonts and samplers....that's all I can remember off hand. Oh! I also have EZ Drummer, Drumkit from hell, and two different Vengeance kits for electronic music! I use FL studio for my DAW.

I don't implement it into the sound engine. I'm just told what format I have to deliver the song in and the companies in house Audio guys put it into the game and all that.

I'll keep ya updated. Making music for games is lots of fun and I'm always learning new things! Maybe one day I'll do a really big name game lol
Sweet. Personally I am not a fan of EW. I stick to Vienna Symphonic Library and Kontakt based libraries such as LA Scoring Strings and really want to get my hands on the new Cinebrass from CineSamples. If you are going to be doing orchestral/acoustic mockups I suggest checking out Digital Performer for OSX because it has the best tools for MIDI performance editing and video sync.

How are you going about writing? Have you formally studied or just figuring it out on your own?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Sweet. Personally I am not a fan of EW. I stick to Vienna Symphonic Library and Kontakt based libraries such as LA Scoring Strings and really want to get my hands on the new Cinebrass from CineSamples. If you are going to be doing orchestral/acoustic mockups I suggest checking out Digital Performer for OSX because it has the best tools for MIDI performance editing and video sync.

How are you going about writing? Have you formally studied or just figuring it out on your own?

I studied lots of music theory from music teachers. Aside from that, mountains of books and of course some self learning. I'll check out some of the products you named!

Looks like you're not going to win the bet

Lol. Hey we're up to 11 followers and it hasn't even been 24 hours!
Quote by theogonia777

using the internet to win a bet isn't unethical, but getting people to follow you on twitter most certainly is. and that's still no excuse for posting several times in a row

oh i see, you're new here. and for the record, making silly comments blah blah

You seem like a dick bro
Quote by theogonia777
oh i see, you're new here. and for the record, making silly comments actually does help of course:

more posts > the more posts there are in a thread, the more it will be viewed
recent posts > in the forum, it displays the most recent poster. chances are, if someone sees a post from someone they know, they're more likely to view the thread.

and the more people that view the thread, the more people will help.

i may be new, thats because i didnt feel the need to create an account when all i used was tabs, it was only the fact that i wanted to write a review and post tabs is why i thought i might as well, and it makes not one fncking difference if im new or not i still know what i know, and you were right, so many people helped him, jerkoff, oh your an 09'er, because youve been here so fncking long havent you, get a girlfriend or something you loser.
Quote by moscaespañol
easily the most depressing thing i've seen today.

and i saw a kid drop his ice cream.
Quote by CoCoPoPz
i may be new, thats because i didnt feel the need to create an account when all i used was tabs, it was only the fact that i wanted to write a review and post tabs is why i thought i might as well, and it makes not one fncking difference if im new or not i still know what i know, and you were right, so many people helped him, jerkoff, oh your an 09'er, because youve been here so fncking long havent you, get a girlfriend or something you loser.

Wow, somebody has daddy issues.
Page 1 of 2