What is this boards general opinion on old (early 90's) Crate halfstacks?

Out of curiousity
Depends on the model.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
I'm not sure about half stacks but my gfx-65 was actually a pretty good deal for $120 used. It sounds good, as long as the volume doesn't go past 5 or 6, but that's plenty for a full band practice. For a cheap solid state it was a great deal. Reverb isn't total shit either.
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Crate FTMFW! I love my 90s BV120 head to bits, so if that's what you're looking at they're a great option for the low price they command. Many moons ago I actually owned another Crate stack, a G1600XL which was a solid state model from some time in the 90s and it actually wasn't half bad. Nothing spectacular but decent. The cab was a little ordinary, not a lot of low end to be had and for some reason they matched a 160watt head with a 100 watt cab which was a little odd. All in all I've really liked the Crate stuff I've owned
Last edited by Waylanderau at Jul 27, 2011,