Alright all terrible jokes/puns as-side. Peavey Tomb 1 Electric Guitar http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-pxd-tomb-i-electric-guitar/518625000974738 and I am playing through a Peavey Triumph 60, it is a tube combo amp. I want to change the pickups because I want to get rid of these active pick-ups. I wanted at first to get the 57 classics but I've heard from some people that they are quite muddy, the sound Im going for is a good amount of mid on clean and some good bass on dirty. This all quite general but what would you reccomend?
Peavey PXD Tomb I Electric Guitar
Peavey Triumph 60 Combo
Boss ME-70 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal
Laguna LG300CE Solid-Top Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Mitchell MD100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Can you name just a few bands that would capture this tone? Because "good amount" and "some good" are subjective, and a good amount of mid may be different to you than it is to me.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Can you name just a few bands that would capture this tone? Because "good amount" and "some good" are subjective, and a good amount of mid may be different to you than it is to me.

I love Streetlight Manifesto's clean, Thomas Kalnoky is the guitar player. His distortion im not sure what he uses as a pedal, but I like that also.
Peavey Triumph 60 Combo
How much are you going to spend?
What styles have you looked at?
What style do you play? I'm guessing metal.
Last edited by y2k11hmmm? at Jul 27, 2011,
Quote by y2k11hmmm?
How much are you going to spend?
What styles have you looked at?
What style do you play? I'm guessing metal.

I will spend what ever I need to I have to save the money anyway.

No longer into Metal, but I love the feel of the guitar itself. I play blues rock r&b jazz and ska, kinda versatile.
Peavey Triumph 60 Combo
Youre probably not going to get that tone with that guitar.

He has a semi hollow es335 that gives him the warm tone

I think you might be talking about this tone, im not sure. post some sound samples man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9SibrtKgs
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
Youre probably not going to get that tone with that guitar.

He has a semi hollow es335 that gives him the warm tone

I think you might be talking about this tone, im not sure. post some sound samples man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9SibrtKgs

would putting those '57 classics in contribute to that? obviously i wont get it all but id rather spend $300 now and get a better tone than i am getting that i am not too dissatisfied with then save up for a couple of years without a sub
Peavey Triumph 60 Combo
I would go with GFS. I wouldnt spend the cash on gibson pickups unless It was my job to record songs. But his amp helps a LOT with the tone also. He has a Mesa head I believe.
So theres that
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
gonna be allot of work to switch from active to passive
volume and tone pots need to be replaced
as does the jack
GFS, Tonerider and, if you are in the UK, IronGear are the way to go for money. Tonerider and IronGear will take on Seymour and DiMarzio happily. I can't speak for GFS, though from what I hear they're the same kind of value.

But the above poster is right. Switching from active to passive or vice versa is a lot of work.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
lot of things to look into then, thanks guys

SKArface:
Do you what distortion he uses, or is it on his head?
just for reference
Peavey Triumph 60 Combo
Last edited by 3rdPerspective at Jul 27, 2011,