I just got the digitech RP350

It's like a gold mine, you have to move tons of dirt till you find a small piece of gold.

It can sound good, but for sure, the Rectifier modell does not sound like a real mesa at all, not even close.
I miss the amp tonestack... I never tough that it only has a separate EQ section... makes no sense, when i read the reviews i thought "great, an extra eq (beside the amps tone control) for more tone shaping"
But the interesting thing is that distortion boxes has there tone control.

The cab simulations are horrible!
And the problem is not with the simulation itself but the implementation
It's like the Mixer/Amp switch is gives you some kind of low pass ( but it is always has a high end fuzz)
The cabinet models are useless, they give you only the resonant frequencies of the cab EVEN in AMP mode!!!! and with a real amp it sounds horrible!

I don't point out the lack of stomp box mode because the rp355 has it.
But i do point out that the Vswitch (under the pedal) can't be assigned to anything else but wah on and off, and this is stupid, i don't even use wah. i want to use it whammy!

But anyway, it's a usable piece of equipment, the effects are generally good, especially the reverbs. Despite all it's problems, i keep it as a practice/backup unit because it's great for that.

(It's not really a review, so i posted in the forum, and if i'm wrong at any point feel free to correct me)
Youre gonna have to spend some time tweaking it. It took me a few weeks to learn how to get a pretty good sound out of my rp355. If you head over to the digitech thread in my sig, you'll find tons of patches for the rp 350 and 355.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by stykerwolf
a small nugget of gold isn't really a goldmine

no it usually just means keep digging.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by stykerwolf

Quote by OP
It's like a gold mine, you have to move tons of dirt till you find a small piece of gold.

its a pun. it means its got some good features but its mostly shi...oh nvm
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Quote by Nemui-Kuma

Does not sound like a real mesa at all, not even close
I miss the amp tonestack...
I never tough that it only has a separate EQ section... makes no sense
The cab simulations are horrible!
And the problem is not with the simulation itself but the implementation
But it is always has a high end fuzz
The cabinet models are useless
With a real amp it sounds horrible!
I don't point out the lack of stomp box
The Vswitch (under the pedal) can't be assigned and this is stupid
Despite all it's problems......

It is a gold mine?

lol
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean