What a software which is related to music should a guitarist has?
Last edited by payed at Jul 27, 2011,
Quote by payed
What a software which is related to music should a guitarist has?

You lost me at the bolded part
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
English isn't your first language, is it?

Anyway you should have some recording software (I use GarageBand but if you're on a PC you'll have to find a 3rd party program, look for open source as it's free and can sometimes be better than commercial software) and if you don't subscribe to UG Plus you might want Guitar Pro for tabs (or the open source version TuxGuitar).

The next one is optional, but maybe an amp simulator as well, such as Amplitube or Guitar Rig, it's a lot easier to record through one of those than to mic your amp and everything.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jul 27, 2011,
or just a digital multi-track...which is hardware

depends how much cash you have
Quote by mizxou
or just a digital multi-track...which is hardware

depends how much cash you have

Why would you do that when a computer can do the same thing.
I use adobe audition and this usb mixer I picked up a year ago
"You don't need any hairspray, Clarence... You don't have any hair."

'Ave atque vale'
I shall rise again, Bardo of the flesh
Quote by rgrockr
English isn't your first language, is it?

Anyway you should have some recording software (I use GarageBand but if you're on a PC you'll have to find a 3rd party program, look for open source as it's free and can sometimes be better than commercial software) and if you don't subscribe to UG Plus you might want Guitar Pro for tabs (or the open source version TuxGuitar).

The next one is optional, but maybe an amp simulator as well, such as Amplitube or Guitar Rig, it's a lot easier to record through one of those than to mic your amp and everything.

Yeay english is not my first language. Sorry about that.
Quote by So-Cal
Why would you do that when a computer can do the same thing.

well it depends a lot on what computer you have too

i stay away from computer recording right now because of latency issues

when i have the cash ill get into it, right now my boss br600 is perfect

depends on your situation though

i mainly write acoustic songs with one guitar track and vocals so it works for me

he didnt give much info so just throwing it out there in case
Last time i used a guitar rig software, but i had removed it from my computer because it's produced unwanted sound. The sound totally disturbed my guitar sound.
Power Tab, and if you can afford it, Guitar Pro.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by angusfan16
What a grammar?

English is not my first language. Sorry about that. Could you do a correction on my sentence? Pleasee
DAW: Reaper, it's decently priced for non-commersial usage. 60$
Synth: If you're a student, Steinberg HaLION Sonic is a real bang for the buck. Student: 100$, not: 200$
Amp-simultaer: AcmeBarGig Head Case (or Shred 2.0 as was its former name) 30$

Quote by payed
Last time i used a guitar rig software, but i had removed it from my computer because it's produced unwanted sound. The sound totally disturbed my guitar sound.

Guitar Rig is an abomination to mankind. Though version 4 is somewhat decent.
Quote by payed

A lot of what makes your guitar sound good in a recording doesn't have anything to do with what software you're using. Your microphone, the acoustics of the room you're recording in, and sometimes even the cables you're using.

I usually use a condenser mic pointed directly at the center of one of the speakers on my amp, along with a dynamic mic pointed towards the same area, but from an angle... both of them about 6 inches away from the speaker. And then I take a bunch of towels and blankets and whatever thick fabric I can find and drape it over the whole setup, making sure not to move the mics at all.

This usually gives me a good sound that has a decent amount of flexibility for me to screw around with in the DAW.

Now that being said, not everyone just has condenser mics and whatnot just laying around.

If you were just wanting to do some non-serious recordings for fun, I would find a cheap Pod and run it through the line-in on your PC and then use a program with a stomp box plug in or something. It's pretty user-friendly and it isn't difficult to make it sound decent.
"You don't need any hairspray, Clarence... You don't have any hair."

'Ave atque vale'
I shall rise again, Bardo of the flesh
Audacity is a must. And it's free!
Guitar Pro is fairly important. But remember kiddies - pay for that software. I don't want to hear of anyone illegally downloading it.
Sibelius is pretty cool if you want to get into serious composition, but it can be a little, involved. Again, don't download it illegally. Buy it!

You might want Amplitube or a similar amplifier synth for recording. Or even a microphone. Depends on how lo-fi you want your recordings to be.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
guitar pro 5

audacity

world of warcraft wrath of the lich king

vegas pro

daemon tools

devil may cry 4

utorrent

mozilla firefox
your ears and a metronome

Most people don't have either.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Zeletros
guitar pro 5

audacity

world of warcraft wrath of the lich king

vegas pro

daemon tools

devil may cry 4

utorrent

mozilla firefox

For music these are essential....

Anyway, pretty much the main ones have been said.

Guitar pro is great

If you are recording than a daw is necessary but after that it's all optional

muledit:
Quote by payed
English is not my first language. Sorry about that. Could you do a correction on my sentence? Pleasee

"What music related software should a guitarist have?"
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Jul 27, 2011,
Quote by mulefish
For music these are essential....

Anyway, pretty much the main ones have been said.

Guitar pro is great

If you are recording than a daw is necessary but after that it's all optional

muledit:

"What music related software should a guitarist have?"

You never know.
The programs and other operating information used by a computer..Computer software, or just software, is a collection of computer programs and related data that provide the instructions for telling a computer what to do and how to do it. In other words, software is a conceptual entity which is a set of computer programs, procedures, and associated documentation concerned with the operation of a data processing system. We can also say software refers to one or more computer programs and data held in the storage of the computer for some purposes. In other words software is a set of programs, procedures, algorithms and its documentation. Program software performs the function of the program it implements, either by directly providing instructions to the computer hardware or by serving as input to another piece of software. The term was coined to contrast to the old term hardware (meaning physical devices). In contrast to hardware, software is intangible, meaning it "cannot be touched". Software is also sometimes used in a more narrow sense, meaning application software only. Sometimes the term includes data that has not traditionally been associated with computers, such as film, tapes, and records..
Quote by jollymark
The programs and other operating information used by a computer..Computer software, or just software, is a collection of computer programs and related data that provide the instructions for telling a computer what to do and how to do it. In other words, software is a conceptual entity which is a set of computer programs, procedures, and associated documentation concerned with the operation of a data processing system. We can also say software refers to one or more computer programs and data held in the storage of the computer for some purposes. In other words software is a set of programs, procedures, algorithms and its documentation. Program software performs the function of the program it implements, either by directly providing instructions to the computer hardware or by serving as input to another piece of software. The term was coined to contrast to the old term hardware (meaning physical devices). In contrast to hardware, software is intangible, meaning it "cannot be touched". Software is also sometimes used in a more narrow sense, meaning application software only. Sometimes the term includes data that has not traditionally been associated with computers, such as film, tapes, and records..

....a good lecture.
Guitar pro, Audacity. Or similar programs. That is all you need.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.