Page 1 of 2
So, yesterday I finally went to buy my first electric guitar.

After trying 2 gibsons (gothic and LP studio) I tried this one, and I immediately choose it

I'm not an expert, so I don't know what kind of "extensive review" can I do...

First, it's a blackjack ATX C-1.
This are the specs of the guitar, according to the website:

Construction: Set Neck w/ Ultra Access
Body: Mahogany
Neck: Mahogany
Finger Board: Ebony
Frets: 24X Jumbo
Tuners: Schecter Locking (which are great in my opinion)
Pickups: Seymour Duncan Active Blackouts AHB-1 (really like them, a lot better than the pickups which are on the 2 gibsons-lp studio and gothic-I tried before this guitar; IMO)
Scale: 25.5"
Bridge: - TonePros TOM w/Thru-Body

As you can see color is black, I like it, the only thing is that I don't really like the yellow line on the edges, I would prefer a grey/white line instead...but it don't really matters, it's cool anyway

Fist impressions while playing it after my 40 euros starter classic guitar is:
-OMG why is the neck so tight?
Than:
-Am I supposed to get used to play strings which are so near one to each other?

And finally:
-wow, this sound is great...and it feels more playable than my old one.

I suppose I have to play for a couple of days on it to get 100% used to the diffrent weight, string distance etc.; but I already like this guitar.

More detailed review/spect, pics, here :
http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Blackjack-ATX-C-1.aspx

P.S: payd 770 euro without case, btw.
Nice! Although I love that finish on guitars, the ESP eclipse is a prime example.
Very nice for a your first Electric! Well done
My Rig: Gibson SG Menace
Gibson Les Paul Menace (Heavy Modded Project)
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Epiphone Worn '66 Wilshire
Egnater 15W Tweaker, 112 Cab
Just one question, Does this guitar have those fret markers/dots on the side of the fretboard?
Someone please shed some light on this.

Thanks,
very nice

i've been playing for 4 years and my guitars still not worth that much
Guitars

Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Fender MiM Strat

Amps

Vox VT40+
Marshall MG15CDR

Quote by LeakyFlask
I know how it feels dude, none of my pickguards have guitars.

That is one amazing guitar - I've seen people use it at semi-professional gigs. HNGD and I hope it lasts you a very long time.

PS. An electric guitar will damn near always have the strings closer to one another than a classical guitar. It's something you get used to quickly.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by MaddMann274
Just one question, Does this guitar have those fret markers/dots on the side of the fretboard?
Someone please shed some light on this.

Thanks,

I've never once in my life seen an Electric guitar without side dots. And at that, a blank fretboarded guitar will always have side dots.

....Waiting for pictures proving otherwise, then will post about how surprised I am, and how stupid that is.
Where's Waldo?
Whoah! Me likey! I have the same problem, I am going to get a EC-1000, and it comes with the yellow stripe, which I'd prefer white. I love that guitar though!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

HNGD! Awsome first guitar! I hope you enjoy it.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
TS, you chose wisely.

As for getting used to the neck and the string spacing, you'll get used to it in a while.

What amp are you playing it through btw? If its a beginner amp, better start saving up!
i'd say that probably the best first electric guitar i've ever seen someone have. as for the gold/yellow trim around the matte black. i think that it looks very classy and i love it especially like the esp eclipse has.

HNGD!
Quote by chadreed32
I've never once in my life seen an Electric guitar without side dots. And at that, a blank fretboarded guitar will always have side dots.

....Waiting for pictures proving otherwise, then will post about how surprised I am, and how stupid that is.

Thats ok then, just wanted to make sure.
Thanks for the response.

Looks sexy man, enjoy your electric guitar voyage
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by daverichards
lucky bastard, i wish my first guitar was anywhere near that level

haha, I feel the same way.

Very sexy guitar man, enjoy it!
Well done on the new guitar. It took a while to get what you wanted though.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Nice bro. I love my Schecter looks like you got a great guitar for you first one. HNGD!!!!
br00tal \m/

Quote by Michele_R

Fist impressions while playing it after my 40 euros starter classic guitar is:
-OMG why is the neck so tight?
Than:
-Am I supposed to get used to play strings which are so near one to each other?

what you really need is a new amp

but yeah i mean with any luck you'll get used to it. if not, i think schecters have fairly narrow nut widths, you can get electric guitars with wider nuts which may help. obviously that's a worst case scenario solution.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 27, 2011,
Enjoy it! Awesome first choice!
Call me old fashioned but I prefer 'rock music' that has electric guitars.
Hi, Misha!

Very good choice for your 1st axe!
Don't worry about the stripe colour. It looks cool in the spotlight
Have fun
hngd dude have fun jamming man!
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Thanks

@MaddMann274: Yes, it has the markers.

@Syriel: Dunno what amp I am using..it is quite old, I guess 20+ years....so yes, I'm starting save money

@Dave_Mc: I'm getting used to the string's distance . Now the problem will be to play the classic guitar
And yes, what I really need now is a new amp...

@mblues: Already talking about spotlights? See you next time you're in italy
You do know, you can get some blacklight bulbs and screw them in in your bedroom when nobody's at home...
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by Michele_R

@Dave_Mc: I'm getting used to the string's distance . Now the problem will be to play the classic guitar
And yes, what I really need now is a new amp...

hehe
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNGD looks pretty nice...
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Nice one.

It's beautiful.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

Good choice, I have the 7 string model in white. Imo the best constructed guitar I have.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
****ing-A that beats the piss out of my first guitar, a Yamaha EC-112C
I'm the musical equivalent of driving a Sherman tank to work.
Page 1 of 2