I'm looking to tune my Blackjack ATX FR down to Drop A, using 13 gauge strings.

I'm wondering if I need to do anything special since it's a FR guitar. For example, does the trem need to be blocked to go down to tunings this low?

On my other guitar which I keep in drop D, I've been able to use a trem locker called a Tremol-no to tune down to Drop B. This only holds for about a week though before giving and needing to be re-tuned.
Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1
Ibanez GIO
5150 II
Valveking 112
Micro cube
ISP Decimator, MXR 108 Eq, Ibanez TS-7, GFS tuner
Should be okay so long as you're using heavy enough strings. Might have to add a spring or two and do some adjusting but I don't see why it shouldn't work.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
if you setit up correctly you dont have to block the thing but i do suggest that if youre giong to be changing tunings alot to get a hard tail guitar
getting the seven string version of that guitar would help big time - 1 inch more scale length to aid in keeping a low A in tune
I used to keep my c-1 in drop a. It handled it fine, i think i used 12s or 13s, but i did have to add an extra spring in the back, making a total of 4. gman128 is correct, if you plan on playing in drop a often spend the money on the 7. When i made the switch to my c-7atx its a whole new ballgame. The added scale makes those low tunings a lot more clear. But if your just doing it for fun you should be fine.
Yeah, I'm going to get a 7 string eventually.

Sucks pretty badly, because I just got my blackjack a month ago, and just found out today that my band is playing in drop A.
Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1
Ibanez GIO
5150 II
Valveking 112
Micro cube
ISP Decimator, MXR 108 Eq, Ibanez TS-7, GFS tuner
Same thing happened to me. You will be tons happier with a 7 string. Nice rig you have there might i add. I played through a 5150 when my band was active.