Page 1 of 3
Why are people calling matt Bellamy the modern day Hendrix? i mean he's a fantastic musicians, probably one of the best rock musicians nowday, but honestly his playing isn't amazing. or at least Hendrix amazing.

whats with all the hype? (over his guitar skills)
People still hype about him? Haven't heard anything about Muse in years.

I have no interest in Hendrix or Bellamy.
Quote by Avedas
People still hype about him?

uhhg. yeah, yeah they do.
I can't stand him (or Muse for that fact), I hope if they do play in space they get lost out there
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
People compare him to hendrix?
His style is nothing like that of hendrix. I can't decide on who's a better musician, but hendrix was definitely more influential to modern music.

EDIT: nah, hendrix was a better songwriter and guitarist, but i have to say i like bellamy's vocal style and range. and i also respect his songwriting skills.
Last edited by sporkman7 at Jul 27, 2011,
Quote by slash_GNR666
I can't stand him (or Muse for that fact), I hope if they do play in space they get lost out there

oh good. i thought i would be murdered for discressing my hate for matt bellamy.
Last edited by jsync at Jul 27, 2011,
He is a pretty good songwriter. Not a fan of their new stuff but origin of symmetry and absolution are great albums.
And he's not the most technically proficient guitarist but he does more interesting stuff then a lot of other guitarists IMO.

muledit: These threads are kinda stupid. The question is posed in a way that it will get a lot of people bashing him, and a lot of others defending him. Then the thread will degenerate into users abusing each other
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Jul 27, 2011,
Quote by sporkman7
you did what now?

its the idiots way of saying expressing. verb of discress (derived from discretion), which is the idoits digress. jeez dude.
Last edited by jsync at Jul 27, 2011,
He's nothing like Hendrix in his playing. But he has a lot more guitar skill than he lets on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU5ZtLVJw6o

I love Muse and I love Hendrix, but it's probably the same people saying Matt is the next Hendrix, as it is saying Hendrix is the greatest guitarist ever.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Last edited by cptcomet at Jul 27, 2011,
Quote by jakesmellspoo
(Invalid img)

more like.......
*I will remove if requested

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Quote by jsync
Why are people calling matt Bellamy the modern day Hendrix? i mean he's a fantastic musicians, probably one of the best rock musicians nowday, but honestly his playing isn't amazing. or at least Hendrix amazing.

whats with all the hype? (over his guitar skills)

Why do people consider Hendrix the pinnacle or paragon of guitar playing?

I mean that his music sounds like crap to me, and even if I forget about that and look at how he played the guitar, I can't really consider that something more than decent or average. Stop idolizing him, he was just a black guy with a guitar.
I guess Matthew Bellamy has inspired a few people. I haven't really heard any guitarists that I can say, "Yup, he grew up listening to Muse" though.
Matt Bellamy and Muse are stupidly over-rated, they have about 2 good songs in their entire discography and bellamy is just an FX ***** that cant get a decent tone out of anything
Quote by slash_GNR666
more like.......
*I will remove if requested

i was actually about to post the alien from total recall with 3 tits. but that might be pushing it.

on topic, i hate matt Bellamy for smashing up almost 200 guitars in 1 tour. when that tour was going, i would have given my right leg for one of those.
Last edited by Marshmelllow at Jul 27, 2011,
I would rather have sex with Matt Bellamy than listen to his music. And this is coming from a gay male. But I will admit I have not listened to much of Muse's music. I purchased the last album and was disappointed, though.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
yeah, uh, jimi hendrix has better vocals, is a better guitarist, has better song-writing ability and did more for music. the only thing bellamy beat hendrix in is he can play piano and has extensive vocals. neither of which make his music better, because his voice gets kinda whinny.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Matt Bellamy mangles classical music and tries to pass it off as creative integration with rock music. He should be arrested.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
ive never heard anyone caompare him to hendrix
i mean hes good and put on a good show but hes nowhere near as influential as jimmy

and they dont idolyze jimmy for his technicalily but on his songwriting and his innovation on the instrument
i perxonally think he decent for todays standards
their eating her, and then their going to eat me. O my goooooooooooooooood!!
Quote by slash_GNR666

Let's get married and have little Muse hating children.

Seriously though, fuck Muse...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by supersac
ive never heard anyone caompare him to hendrix
i mean hes good and put on a good show but hes nowhere near as influential as jimmy

and they dont idolyze jimmy for his technicalily but on his songwriting and his innovation on the instrument
i perxonally think he decent for todays standards

He deserve for it.
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
I wouldn't say Hendrix is shitty, maybe just overrated.

Hendrix was just the frontman of acid, duh. (other than Hoffman, duh too)
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Because people love shitty annoying music and the shitty annoying musicians who make that music. Which is why Radiohead and RHCP are so popular.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I used to like Muse because I thought they were another interesting popular band like Radiohead. Then I realised they were just assholes who make gimmicky music and try as hard as they can to be, well, big. Apparently they don't even play their old (superior) music anymore.

EDIT: I appreciate that Radiohead are pretentious assholes too, but at least they never 'sold out' as it were.
Matt Bellamy and Muse are amazing! been my favourite band since origin of symmetry came out!
i thought everyone liked muse, i'm surprised to see so much hate for an awesome musician. even if you don't like him or the band then surely you can still have some respect for someone who is clearly talented
Quote by tlcv
Matt Bellamy and Muse are amazing! been my favourite band since origin of symmetry came out!
i thought everyone liked muse, i'm surprised to see so much hate for an awesome musician. even if you don't like him or the band then surely you can still have some respect for someone who is clearly talented

Most of the Pit does not show respect (well maybe irl)
Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by tlcv

That's the problem; Bellamy realised everyone was starting to like Muse, so he got greedy and moved from quirky space rock to shitty power pop anthems in a pathetic attempt to get even more massive. It shot them in the foot because from what I've seen on the internet, they've alienated a lot of their original big fans. It's like 'Metallica syndrome' or something.
Page 1 of 3