So I am beginner and was changing my strings out for the first time off a guide that suggested snipping strings in advance. I was looking at the wrong peg and snipped my B string too short, so it only winds around the peg about one and a half times. Will it hold this way, or should I just replace it? TIA
If it holds in standard fine, then I guess you can leave it. But when you go to downtune a half step or a whole step, it might come loose. If you can afford to change them then do it, otherwise why fix something that isn't broken.
Quote by plain jane doe
So I am beginner and was changing my strings out for the first time off a guide that suggested snipping strings in advance. I was looking at the wrong peg and snipped my B string too short, so it only winds around the peg about one and a half times. Will it hold this way, or should I just replace it? TIA

Personally I wouldn't ever cut my strings beforehand. Unless you're going to measure them out or something, cutting them afterwards is far more convenient.

To be honest, I'm struggling to think of a reason why your guide would disagree.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
I trim them at the length of the next tuning peg. So say I was putting my low e string on, I would run the string past the low E peg, then snip it at where it is inline with the A string peg. Then feed the tip of it through the E peg and start winding.
You'll have exactly enough for two and a half winds around the peg.
Which is plenty, also make sure your string windings go under each other, not all over the place.
I'm with Neutralfan. String it up long, then cut.

Otherwise: measure twice, cut once.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Yeah, just leave it if you ask me. It's still a perfectly good string and it should stay in place just fine.

If it starts popping out when you tune up, bin it. Ican guarentee that you won't be able to put it back the way it was before.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.