Just seen a nice looking bass marked as custom made, with the name "Gull" on the head and the shape of a gull above it :

I Googled it and found acoustic non-basses being made by this company under the name Seagull, with a similar but reversed gull shaped logo: -click-

I'm a relatively new player and haven't heard of either of them before. I thought it might be worth asking here if anyone has heard of Gull as a separate company/luthier, or if the seller is hoping to pass this bass off as something it isn't. Any ideas?
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
seagull makes some good, low end acoustic instruments, but if I had to guess I would say that this is an unrelated brand.

wait for more responses though, cuz I am by no means an expert, this is just what it seems to me.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Seagull is one of a few brands owned by a Canadian company called Godin. However, Seagull only turns out acoustic guitars, so this is something entirely different.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Spaz91

My surname is Sparrow.

Are you the reason the rums all gone?
I read up on Seagull, I just wasn't sure whether it was the result of someone trying to fake a Seagull not realising they didn't make basses. If it is what the description says it is, then it's potentially a very good price and it generally looks good so I'm tempted to try it out.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Last edited by GAPendragon at Jul 28, 2011,
I've never known Seagull Guitars to make a solidbody electric; much less a solidbody electric bass. It is likely a little-known brand. It looks like a fine bass, and for what they're asking I doubt you can go wrong.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley