I've got a guitar with a Licenced Floyd Rose that's always had a very thin tone. Does anybody have any experience between Licenced Floyd Rose's and high quality ones like Schaller? A friend told me that my cheap Floyd rose would almost certainly be cast and high quality ones would be forged.
I'm going to try a bigger tem block to see if it makes a difference.
I'm guessing it may not be coming from the bridge...
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Tone has mostly to do with the electronics, if by tone you mean the sound coming out of the amp. More mids would help.
Quote by MorristheMinor
I've got a guitar with a Licenced Floyd Rose that's always had a very thin tone. Does anybody have any experience between Licenced Floyd Rose's and high quality ones like Schaller? A friend told me that my cheap Floyd rose would almost certainly be cast and high quality ones would be forged.
I'm going to try a bigger tem block to see if it makes a difference.

A big brass trem block would help... but you also need to make sure the studs are hardened steel and look at the pivot point of the bridge itself, is it just the normal crap steel or does it have inserts? If there is inserts you might be able to replace them with hardened steel inserts similar to some of the Ibanez Edge bridges. I have a Mighty Mite trem on one of my guitars and you can replace the inserts on it.
Quote by rageahol
Tone has mostly to do with the electronics, if by tone you mean the sound coming out of the amp. More mids would help.

I'll have two of whatever this guy is smoking.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by rageahol

What universe are you from and what drugs do they sell?

As for the OP, FR's tend to have a thin tone to them. You could get a big block, but I would save your money and get a higher quality than you have, then put a big block on it. I just sold my guitar that had some floyd upgrades in it which included the 37mm block, high tension springs, brass spring claw, and the trem-stop. The guitar had great sustain and a more woody tone than before, but I'm still asking myself why I put all of it into a schecter.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
There's no inserts, I can't tell if the studs are hardened steel. I'm going to make a brass block when I'm at uni, should cost next to nothing to make. It's pathetic; it's smaller than my Stratocaster trem block. I'll try some new studs that I know are hardened steel. If that doesn't work I'll just abandon the guitar.
just outta curiosity, what kind of guitar are we speaking of?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.