Hi. Can someone tell me what this technique is called:

e--------------------------------------
B--------------------------------------
G------------------9------------------
D-------------------------------------
A------------------7-------------------
E--------------------------------------

How should I practice this? Thank you to all who answer!
Its an octave, i use my 1st finger to fret the 7, but place in in a way that it would mute the D string.
Hi, it's called playing octaves I believe, as the 9 on g is an octave higher than the 7 on a. The best way to practice them is just to play them all over the neck.
Also, green day solos make a lot of use out of octaves, so maybe give those a look for more practice.
Quote by Sciacca
Its an octave, i use my 1st finger to fret the 7, but place in in a way that it would mute the D string.

Thank you, Sciacca!
Quote by slashfan226
Hi, it's called playing octaves I believe, as the 9 on g is an octave higher than the 7 on a. The best way to practice them is just to play them all over the neck.
Also, green day solos make a lot of use out of octaves, so maybe give those a look for more practice.

Thank You slashfan226!
Amon Amarth use them quite a lot too, if you want something heavier. Hermod's Ride To Hel is full of them.
Pretty much any melodic passage in metal ends up using them - the octave is a very full, resolute sound.
well there octaves and if you were playing on clean you you use your pick to pick the first octave then your middle finger to pick the second octave thus skipping the string in between. If you were on distortion mute the string in between by muting or rolling your finger to mute.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
well there octaves and if you were playing on clean you you use your pick to pick the first octave then your middle finger to pick the second octave thus skipping the string in between. If you were on distortion mute the string in between by muting or rolling your finger to mute.

Thank you everyone!