hey all,

didnt't know where else to put this, so apologies if the pit is the wrong place..

I've been developing a curious pain in my fretting hand (ie left), starting at the base of the wrist and extending forward through my index finger (I'm no doctor so apologies if that doesn't make sense), which didn't concern me that much to begin with, but today I've noticed a weird little 'bump' appears when I bend my wrist, just at the base of it, which definitely is not visible on the other hand. This is also the point where the pain is the strongest.
I never had anything like this before. I was wondering if maybe it has something to do with the fact that I got a new guitar a few weeks ago. It seems to me that this all started when I switched guitars.
Anyone ever had anything similar? The bump grosses me out.
It could be tendinitis-related.
If you want to keep playing guitar, definitely a doctor would be best.
blahhhhhhhhhh.
I play 3-4 hours a day. maybe more. definitely more on the weekends. As I said, I've never had this before I switched guitars, so maybe I just have to adjust to the new guitar.

I have an appointment at the doctor's next monday, although I must say that I like Duffman123's idea about utilizing the pain to create something...
I've had that - saw a Doctor who said its basically a Cyst and nothing to worry about - most sort themselves out but can be cut out if it becomes too painful. Also said it runs in familys, particularly from the father - check if your dad ever had the same thing.

- Nick