Flourishing are a very unique band that meshes grindcore and tech death to make some really crazy music. It's not like you think it would sound, this is very insane and cool stuff.

Artwork for new album, The Sum of All Fossils

You can stream the entire album on NPR (lol) :

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/24/138486681/first-listen-flourishing-the-sum-of-all-fossils

Each song is very different from each other, make sure to check the whole album out.

yumyum
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Last edited by illuminatiano at Jul 27, 2011,
/cue Rome jizzfest

Didn't dig it, yarramean
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
What's this world coming to for music? I'm sure they are unique and artists in their own style, but I didn't like it at all.
Quote by SchecterDean
What's this world coming to for music? I'm sure they are unique and artists in their own style, but I didn't like it at all.

...have you ever listened to grindcore ? death metal maybe ?

I dunno what to tell you mate haha
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
checking out the first track, shit is pretty damn cool. Very Gorguts-styled dissonance.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
This may be the ganja talking, but this is really cool. Sounds like Gorguts meets Converge to me, i would hesitate to even call this death metal or grind really.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

couple things

- they're magnificent
-did anyone else check out tombs (who are mentioned in the review) or already know them? are they similar, good, etc, etc?
-pabst brewing is an npr sponsor.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
So far (six minutes through the album) better than I was expecting. Very unique, interesting. I like the layered industrial-like feel.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?