I know how to play paranoid by black sabbath just need to work on the solo. I am really into creed , shinedown , megadeth , as i lay dying , alter bridge , slipknot , august burns red , and all the thrash metal , emo , hardcore , stuff. I would like something that would help me with right hand tapping and soloing . Also I would prefer some drop d .
The Thing That Should Not Be by Metallica.

^^ Really easy song, and the solo is also pretty easy.
^
Strangely enough, it's in D standard, not drop D.

If you want something pretty simple in Drop D, take a look at Dying in Your Arms by Trivium. It's (patronizingly) straightforward and the solo isn't too complicated.
the majority of songs in e can be made into drop d pretty easily, though i suppose you might find some chord shapes difficult
what would be a easy avenged7x i ve tried to learn trivium they r a little to advanced for me i like avenged7x better so i would be able to stay with it and finish it i tried to learn some justin bieber fir a friend of mine and it was simple but i just couldnt play it so ........
Them Bones - Alice in Chains, no tapping but plenty of one finger action.

Funnily enough it's what I learned right after Paranoid.
mabey i will try to play dying in your arms i was thinking of a song by dragonforce my friend sent me a cover of dragonforce doing trivium . alice in chains is not metal enough for me
Last edited by powerslave34 at Jul 27, 2011,
try learning The Poison by bullet for my valentine. The intro has tapping and its in drop d. Atleast i think. Might be drop c but still. Solo isnt too bad to learn, just might take a little time. And your into shinedown but alice in chains is not metal enough for you? hmm
My Gear:
-Schecter Omen w/ emg's
-Ibanez xpt700 Xiphos
-Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
-Raven 100w

Don’t take life too seriously, you won’t get out alive.
Last edited by kmcharger21 at Jul 27, 2011,
To end the rapture - tapping madness, Lips of Deceit or Chapter Four are like the wickedest old sevenfold songs there are, quite easy as well.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name of

Soundgarden - Spoonman

Foo Fighters - Everlong (okay, it's not metal, but it's still a good/easy song to learn in drop d)
Quote by powerslave34
what would be a easy avenged7x i ve tried to learn trivium they r a little to advanced for me i like avenged7x better so i would be able to stay with it and finish it i tried to learn some justin bieber fir a friend of mine and it was simple but i just couldnt play it so ........

Easy a7x (not including solos) - Critical acclaim, Almost Easy, Afterlife, Brompton cocktail, Bat country, Dancing dead, Nightmare, Welcome to the family, Buried Alive, God Hates Us, Lost it all, Every song off waking the fallen, 4:00 AM

Easy a7x (including solos) - Gunslinger, Seize the day, Tension, Until the End, The Fight, Tonight the world dies, So Far Away

Have fun with those
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
If I am correct, the first song I ever learned in drop D tuning was "Everybody's Fool" by Evanescence. It's not metal, I believe, but really simple. Just a suggestion, if you want to check it out.
Well if you want drop songs check out Bullet for my valentine for east ones. Although they are in Drop C you could learn their songs and just play em in drop D.
Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions

the only hard part is the pinch harmonics

I second that really good song to learn
And, when you can do that song most metalcore is a cake walk!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.