Poll: Which one should i get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one should i get?
RG1451
12 92%
RG465
1 8%
Voters: 13.
i have saved up some money and im considering buying a new guitar, so i need to decide between the RGR465 and the RG1451.

the RG465 comes with dimarzio pick ups, but has the crap edge 3 tremolo so i would have to replace it.

the RG1451 has a fixed bridge but comes with ibanez pick ups, also its a prestige model so i assume it has higher quality woods.

i really like the RG465 lazer blue, it looks really cool but other than aesthetics which one do you think is better?

thanks
the 1451 has petter pickups, which is good cause pickups are more expensive than a trem.

think about it. 80 dollars per dimarzio pickup. 200$ for a orignal floyd rose. you are saving 40 bucks and wiring time

plus the hsh routing is more versatile in my experience.
I would absolutely choose the 1451 over that other one. You can always save money and replace the pickups later. Not that the Vs aren't usable.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
I would absolutely choose the 1451 over that other one. You can always save money and replace the pickups later. Not that the Vs aren't usable.

im going to need the guitar mainly for shred and that is what the RG465 is made for, what do you think makes the RG1451 absolutely superior to the RG465?
Quote by tappooh
im going to need the guitar mainly for shred and that is what the RG465 is made for, what do you think makes the RG1451 absolutely superior to the RG465?

The 1451 is made in Japan and uses higher quality wood and hardware. The RG456 is, aside from the pickups, your standard cheaper Indonesian made RG.

And the Edge III is a piece of shit. If you want an Ibanez with a tremolo, it should be a high quality one, such as the Edge Pro (there's more information on that in one of the stickies).
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
+1 on what mad marius is saying. I haven't tried the 1451, but as far as i'm aware it has the prestige wizard neck, so it'll be just as good for shredding as any other ibanez rg.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?