I have a Peavey Vypyr 75 watt, and the manual has no information at all about recording and updating.

So im turning to you guys, From what i know you need a Usb to MIDI cable to update the amp, but i cant find a single cable like that.

And It doesn't have the name of the input for the 'USB Rec Out' On the front of the amp for me recording with audacity :/

I hope you guys can help me
When i plugged my vypyr into my computer via USB it showed up as a microphone on my device list.
And as for updating it you shouldn't have to unless you're having problems with it.

EDIT:
Here are the instructions for updating
And here is the manual

Make sure audacity is not on before you plug in your amp or it won't detect that it's plugged in
\
_\,,
"-=\~ _
\\~___( ~
_|/---\\_
\ \
Last edited by Unicorns at Jul 27, 2011,
Ok then thank you, i won bother updating as the cable is £34 :0

But as for the usb, the input in the vypyr isn't a usb, i was wondring if you knew the name of the cable for recording?

And could you not use this 'Unknown cable to update?
The only ways i know of to record what you are playing is plugging a Printer USB cable from the front of your amp into a computer, or plugging the headphone jack into the mic port on your computer

Here is what the cable is: Link
\
_\,,
"-=\~ _
\\~___( ~
_|/---\\_
\ \
Ahhh thank you soo much, its a printer cable, i thought i recognized it.

I have tried two male stereo 1/8 ( One i plug into headphones, and on into Mic Input on the PC) But this gets crackling and overdriven noises, and its really quiet. But i can definatlely hear the guitar so it is picking it up.

Do you know of any way of fixing this as it is far from studio quality?
I doubt there is a way to fix it as it's designed for headphones.
If your cable is longer than 6 feet you can try a shorter cable but i have never tried recording with the headphone jack
\
_\,,
"-=\~ _
\\~___( ~
_|/---\\_
\ \
Okay then thank you very much problem solved i have a printer cable now and i can start recording, i guess if you dont have any problems then i wont.