I'm curious! I'm posting this on my iPad and was wondering if anyone else uses or has any tablet devices. If so, do you use them here and how do you like them?
I don't have one but I'm so tempted to get an iPad as interface controller for my DAW's. Other than that, tablets are pretty useless to me.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I don't have one but I'm so tempted to get an iPad as interface controller for my DAW's. Other than that, tablets are pretty useless to me.

I have to agree. About the only thing I use this for is linking to my office through TeamViewer. Other than that, they're relatively useless. I got mine as a gift. Thought about selling it, but someone thought enough of me to give it... So I'll keep it.

Oh... I also use it for texting my sons. Funny thing... They hardly ever answer a phone call, but they always respond to texts!
My mom has an iPad that I use when I'm home. It's pretty fun.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I use mine for general web surfing, posting here, and virtual desktop.
And fl studio and GarageBand are pretty tight(:
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
Quote by Bill43
I have to agree. About the only thing I use this for is linking to my office through TeamViewer. Other than that, they're relatively useless. I got mine as a gift. Thought about selling it, but someone thought enough of me to give it... So I'll keep it.

Oh... I also use it for texting my sons. Funny thing... They hardly ever answer a phone call, but they always respond to texts!

iPad 1 or 2? Maybe I can take it off your hands for a price...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I really don't see the point of them.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Xiaoxi
iPad 1 or 2? Maybe I can take it off your hands for a price...

It's an iPad 2 and not for sale... Thanks.
Quote by sglover34479
They're fun enough to play with that I might if i had the cash laying around to blow, or if it were a gift. Wouldn't spend my hard earned money on something so pointless though.

One thing I have found useful about this is when I travel, it gives me something to do while sitting at the airport.

I can watch movies, tv, play games and goof around on the net, but the lack of flash is a pile of crap. I went ahead and jailbreaked this one, but any flash turns out to be garbage.

I can get flash through team viewer when linked to a pc, but that's a pain... When all I have to do is use the pc itself.
Not yet. Its too early for me to adopt one right now; I dont think the hardware is where it needs to be just yet. Hoping a nice quad core tegra 3 processor can change that. THEN I will consider. But probably not..

Ipad, however, needs to adopt Flash and an SD card slot at the very least before I will even consider it. Truth be told though, I think Id much rather a touch screen macbook air than an Ipad. OSX > iOS
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Not yet. Its too early for me to adopt one right now; I dont think the hardware is where it needs to be just yet. Hoping a nice quad core tegra 3 processor can change that. THEN I will consider. But probably not..

Ipad, however, needs to adopt Flash and an SD card slot at the very least before I will even consider it. Truth be told though, I think Id much rather a touch screen macbook air than an Ipad. OSX > iOS

I've read that Jobs thinks flash is an open invitation to virus/hackers and that is the only reason iPad will not have flash ever.
I've got an ipad. I don't use it much at home unless I'm playing games. I've used it mostly for travel.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by wahappen
I've got an ipad. I don't use it much at home unless I'm playing games. I've used it mostly for travel.

I was really curious as to how well it would work here. So far so good... And no pop ups either
I hate having to zoom in to hit any of the links though lol
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
I always thought Ipads were useless until I played around on one. I liked it, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it other than play around.

My roommate works for Dell and has whatever their tablet is. It's touch screen, but it also flips around to become a netbook. I don't know about the technical stuff, but it's a really cool idea.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If I had the cash to blow, I'd get a laptop instead. It's an alright idea, tablets that is, but without flash and because of Apples warranty/compatibility with things, I doubt I'd ever get one.
Quote by wahappen
I hate having to zoom in to hit any of the links though lol

So far, I'm not having to do the finger spread zoom to get to anything, but I have found that a very light touch works wonders, although I do have the tendency to hammer the crap out of it in frustration.
I use my brothers iPad all the time. It works really well online. The only thing that bothers me is that when you use youtube the search results are different than if i did it on my laptop. It's always really hard to find a song or something because all it ever gives me are covers. Other than that I would recommend it to everyone
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I had a tablet PC like 5 years ago when I did Adobe Illustrator work--it was a fantastic device. Great for design and artwork.

I probably won't buy another tablet again until they put real OSs on them instead of phone OSs though. So at the moment that's looking like Windows 8 and maybe the next gen of Android ICS.
Last edited by Seref at Jul 27, 2011,
Yea I use my iPad to post on here frequently.

Just need to activate the 3g on it and I'll be able to use it EEERYWHERE!
Last edited by SeveralSpecies at Jul 27, 2011,