Time again for another guitar. I have about 30 days before i purchase one. I need some help on options. I play only metal.
Requirements:
Must do metal
Must have passive pups(I got an emg mahogany guitar)
I would like Alder (open to other options other than mahogany)
Thin fast neck (not painted, unless its a satin finish)
Solid Floyd or Khaler
Strings close to body like a superstrat (not like my schecter, they are far )
Under 1200 usd

Thanks for all the help
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.
maybe an ibanez with a basswood body? Some rg's could suit your needs if you don't mind having an edge trem.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Jul 27, 2011,
I have considered a soloist, but I was told to only get a usa soloist, unless I buy a used older model. (I would wrather buy new} The usa soloists are a bit out of my range. Maybe the info I was given isn't very good though.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.
I would recommend an Ibanez as well.
the RG series is great, and very flexible prices.
for the pups, you can always replace them.

I have the old Korean made RG320FA, still plays great, sounds great, and i havent had it pro set up in 6 years.
the action is still good, no problems with the floyd.
it only cost £250 as well, have a good hunt and feel around to see what suites you best.
and why do you only have 30 days?
Ha, sorry I meant I will have the money in about 30 days. I was considering a Godin redline III as well, but it has emgs, maybe i could swap to passives? There are so many Ibanez RG's I'm a bit lost here. Can you give me some general info, like higher the number the better, or what?
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Quote by cooper1965
Can you give me some general info, like higher the number the better, or what?

Basically there are 4 or 3 numbers

Prestige's will have 4.

Say its the RG1550M

1:Quality of Prestige (Lowest level of Prestige, yet still amazing)
5: Other General Quality things, IIRC
5: HSH, Front routed
0: Has a tremolo system.
M: Maple fretboard

Just Google Ibanez Model Numbers, and I'm sure there's something out there on them.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by cooper1965
Ha, sorry I meant I will have the money in about 30 days. I was considering a Godin redline III as well, but it has emgs, maybe i could swap to passives? There are so many Ibanez RG's I'm a bit lost here. Can you give me some general info, like higher the number the better, or what?

ahhh ok, well, dont go instantly for guitars upon words, that money wont just vanish right?

Godin are great guitars, try it out?
are there a few stores near you?
why do you specifically want passive pickups?
which amp will you be running the guitar through?

basically yea.. the RG range prices change as the number gets higher, above Rg's above 999 are Japanese made (Prestige models)

have a good look through their catalogue.
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/SeriesIntro-RG_Intro

they have so many!!
Ltd has some nice ones.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Used ESP/LTD Alexi 600?
has passive EMG, 24 frets with GREAT access.
Made of alder
thin neck
has good/great FR
strings are low on V's

used they run under a grand, i believe
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
Yeah , I want to take my time, thats why I'm fishing for some good options from the people who know best. The only store near me (kinda) is a guitar center, but its a pretty good size. I have already spent a few different weekends trying different things, but have not found what really feels right. I know I don't want :emgs, pained necks, fat necks, angled neck pockets, (pushes strings to far from body for my taste), or a guitar without a humbucker.
I will be using a vypyr tube 60 i plan to trade a friend for very shortly, and possible an un named pod of some sort.
The only reason I dont want an active pickup guitar is because I have a hellraiser with the chrome 81/85 emg combo, that I have wired to 18v. I do absolutely love the sound, but now I want a passive pup guitar that can scream as well if not better. I plan on keeping my hellraiser so I dont see the need for 2 EMG equiped metal guitars.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Last edited by cooper1965 at Jul 27, 2011,
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
Ltd has some nice ones.
I did try a ltd jh600 and I did like it, but was a bit turned off once I realized it was a signiture series, but maybe thats wrong of me.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Thoughts about a charvel san dimas for metal?
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Quote by cooper1965
Thoughts about a charvel san dimas for metal?

The san dimas would be good for metal.
But I'd prefer the So-Cal personally.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab