Wasn't sure whether I should post this here or GB&C. I'll try here first, then over there if I don't get help here.

Right, I want to change the bridge on my Ibanez RG. Also, possibly the pickups in it and my Epiphone Flying V as well.

My RG is and RG370DX, with an Edge III bridge. The tuning stability on the bridge is starting to go, so I'm going to change the bridge. I would like something will drop into the routing there already, but is of a better quality than the Edge III.
The pickups in it at the minute are: An Infinity 3 in the neck, Infinity S 3 in the bridge and an Infinity 4 in the bridge. I'm looking for pickups that are a bit clearer when playing chords. A major problem I have atm with these pickups is, when playing chords, I have almost no top end (especially on the neck), but playing single notes or on the bridge, I have FAR too much. They can be a bit too bassy as well IMO when palm muting the lower strings.
This guitar gets used almost solely for soloing and lead work. I generally play thrash metal, main influences being Metallica, Megadeth, Exodus, Annihilator, Kreator etc. and some older Heavy Metal and NWOBHM. As such, I was thinking about putting actives into it. I looked up demos of EMGs, and I wasn't too impressed by them. I heard good things however about the new JH sig EMGs and looked them up. They seemed to be all right. However, there's two problems:
1) Would the be good for playing almost only solos and leads on?
2) Is there a single coil sized active pup I could mix them with to put in the middle position?
I would be much grateful to answers to those questions, as well as other suggestions for pups. I sorta want something a little less twangy than what I have atm for bridge as well.

The V I have standard Epiphone pups in atm. I quite like the way these pups feel, I just sorta want something less muddy, and maybe a little higher output in the bridge, and again, a little less twanginess. I want passives for the same style as the other guitar, only playing rhythm rather than leads. Any suggestions would be awesome, and I would be very grateful, thank you.

Now, I'm also expecting every one to tell to buy new guitars rather than upgrading what I have. However, I actually really like the way these guitars play and sound otherwise, I just want to make these small adjustments.
Thank-you.
What kind of amp are you playing through?

I highly doubt that an Epiphone V or an RG with those muddy as hell stock pickups can sound twangy at all.
EMG makes single coil actives, but I recommend the X series over the standard just cause they sound better with the 9 volt. Go to EMG's site and look it up dude. EMG's are also made mainly for metal, so they'll do anything metal related with ease.

Can't tell you about the bridge, I'd get it looked at before you get it replaced, may just need some slight maintenance.
Quote by JesusCrisp
What kind of amp are you playing through?

I highly doubt that an Epiphone V or an RG with those muddy as hell stock pickups can sound twangy at all.

At the minute, I'm playing through a Peavey Vypyr or a Line 6 UX2, but I have money set aside in an account to get a Dual Rectifier when I move out in the next 2-6 months. I'm going to get it all at the same time, so once I change it, it more than likely won't get run through the vypyr at least (the UX2 will still probably get used to record)
The twanginess could be in my head, or it could just simply be due to where the pickups are. It sounds sort of like if you take an unplugged guitar, and pick around the neck pup, you get a nice sound, but then move and pick next to the bridge it sounds horrible. That's the sorta sound I can almost hear.

Quote by ethan_hanus
EMG makes single coil actives, but I recommend the X series over the standard just cause they sound better with the 9 volt. Go to EMG's site and look it up dude. EMG's are also made mainly for metal, so they'll do anything metal related with ease.

Can't tell you about the bridge, I'd get it looked at before you get it replaced, may just need some slight maintenance.

Thanks dude, I'll look those up when I get back to my computer later.

I'll make sure to have the bridge checked as well before I replace it.